Wii Pitfall help - Mama-oullo tower

I was afraid you were going to say that. ;) I've had to go back to the healing water a bunch of times b/c I always get "coal-ed" feet from the lava. *sigh* Thank you for answering. I've also gone back to play the games. heh I wish they had a sled run game.

Aside from the Native Games, I also wanted to retrieve the Shaman at Butterfly Glade (requires Gas Mask) and the Explorer at the Renegade Headquarters (requires TNT....if I could find the stupid git who designed it so that you have to go in there twice I will smack him silly because it's such a nuisance to get through the Renegade Fort!).

One possible alternative for you would be to use the teleporters to get back to the mountains, then raft to Jungle Canyon, then work your way across to the Fire-Bombed Towers via that route. You can access the Jungle Teleport by blowing up a particular wall at the Turtle Monument.

Aside from the Native Games, I also wanted to retrieve the Shaman at Butterfly Glade (requires Gas Mask) and the Explorer at the Renegade Headquarters (requires TNT....if I could find the stupid git who designed it so that you have to go in there twice I will smack him silly because it's such a nuisance to get through the Renegade Fort!).

One possible alternative for you would be to use the teleporters to get back to the mountains, then raft to Jungle Canyon, then work your way across to the Fire-Bombed Towers via that route. You can access the Jungle Teleport by blowing up a particular wall at the Turtle Monument.

Here's another notion. I was just playing the Native Games again and became fed up with the hard-level Pickaxe Race (I've won the other four), so I decided to go retrieve the Idol and Explorer from the Fire-Bombed Towers and then go back to the Pickaxe Race. Just for the heck of it, I decided to go around through the mountains using the teleporters. All three teleporters are one-way, but that's no big deal because you just go hop on the other disc if you want to go somewhere else.

So I went like this: Native Village ---> Turtle Monument ---> Jungle Teleport ---> Cavern Teleport ---> Mountain Teleport ---> White Valley ---> Penguin Den ---> Ladder of Miles ---> Mama-Oullo Tower ---> Fire-Bombed Towers.

This route worked rather nicely because it avoided the nuisance of that huge cluster of howler monkeys on the Jungle Trail (sure, you can just blow them all up with TNT, but it's still a nuisance). The Breakdance Strike works REALLY well against the penguins, as does TNT. This route was faster than it sounds because the teleporters don't take much time to use.

After I got the Idol and Explorer I went back to the Native Village: Fire-Bombed Towers ---> Mama-Oullo Tower ---> Ladder of Miles ---> Penguin Den ---> White Valley ---> Mountain Teleport ---> Jungle Teleport ---> Turtle Monument ---> Native Village

(Yesterday after visiting the Mysterious Temple I had decided to go play the Native Games before going to St. Claire's Camp, so for that part I went from Bittenbinder's Camp ---> Flooded Cave ---> Renegade Fort ---> Butterfly Glade ---> Turtle Monument ---> Native Village.)

I can't believe you're playing this a second time. I'm determined ... and struggling to finish this the first time! :)

I just finished the game, and this time I got all the Idols, all the Explorers, all the Shamans....after finishing, I went to the Punchau Shrine to use the "gift" the Shaman gives you when you make the final purchase. The gift is
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns, the old Atari 2600 game. I hadn't played that since probably 1985.

It took me a tad under 14 hours of gameplay to finish the game the second time through; the first time, it took around 32 hours.

Best news: It said
"See you soon for Harry's next adventure"
after the ending video concluded (but before I went back to Punchau Shrine).

Last edited:
Ha! Me too. I remember this game in the "good old days". I've reached the final Pusca battle but have been trying for two days to knock those infernal pillars into the minions and the floating Pusca. I've realized now that if you utilize your Pickaxe spin ... that you're virtually indestructible however, when going into the final battle I try to strategize too much.

I do believe I'm getting a blister on my right thumb from trying to heroic dash everywhere. LOL

Ha! Me too. I remember this game in the "good old days". I've reached the final Pusca battle but have been trying for two days to knock those infernal pillars into the minions and the floating Pusca. I've realized now that if you utilize your Pickaxe spin ... that you're virtually indestructible however, when going into the final battle I try to strategize too much.

I do believe I'm getting a blister on my right thumb from trying to heroic dash everywhere. LOL

The Breakdance Strike (if you bought it) also makes you virtually invincible, but if you do it for too long Harry becomes dizzy.

Do you know how to get the idol at the broken bridge? How about the shaman at the crash site. I can see him in a red background up on the cliff. I too have finished the game. However, I previously bought the mystery item and returned to the punchtan shrine only to find the red room with a computer or from what you say a fuzzy Atari game. After finishing the game I was given a code to use on the title page for another outfit. I used this code and turned into Nicole. Is Nicole needed to gather all the remaining idols and/or Shaman's? Thank You.

Do you know how to get the idol at the broken bridge? How about the shaman at the crash site. I can see him in a red background up on the cliff. I too have finished the game. However, I previously bought the mystery item and returned to the punchtan shrine only to find the red room with a computer or from what you say a fuzzy Atari game. After finishing the game I was given a code to use on the title page for another outfit. I used this code and turned into Nicole. Is Nicole needed to gather all the remaining idols and/or Shaman's? Thank You.

(1) To get the Idol at the Battered Bridge is a little tricky.
I assume you know where the Idol is over on the far side with a bunch of bird statues surrounding it. You have to make all those statues rise up out of the ground. You do this by running through bushes to cause a particular type of bird to fly up out of the bushes. You just have to run around until you've lucked into all those bushes. (Make sure you don't miss the one down on the ledges where the Shaman is.)

(2) For the Shaman at the crash site, the easiest way is
to go back almost to the very beginning of the game, back where you encountered the very first Howler Monkey. Note where the tyre tracks go up the wall. Do a Rising Strike up there (there is an Idol here too) and go through the passageway. The Shaman is up on top of a rock.

(3) The Mystery Item is
the original Pitfall game. When you go into that room, walk up to the old Atari VCS and you'll get to play Pitfall (and, later, Pitfall II). You get an Idol if you go far enough in the old game.

(4) No significance to playing as Nicole. It's just an option. The only really significant advantage for the male players is that her character's nice rack remains visible even in the mountains because she does not wear cold-weather gear like Harry does. (But you still hear Harry's voice, and you still revert to being Harry in the scenes where the computer takes over.
So at the ending video, you don't get any girl-on-girl action.
)

If you want to figure out which Idols and such you still need, buy the notes for the different areas from the Shaman.

Hey, does anyone know how you get the pickaxe? I think that's how you finish the Underground Dam level by climbing up the wall that you need a pickaxe for. Can anyone help me with either of these? (a.k.a. 1. How to get out of underground dam, 2. how to get a pickaxe)

Where is the pickaxe? I cant get past the Underground Dam level because its soooooooo looooooong and I dont have a pickaxe. Please help me!

Where is the pickaxe? I cant get past the Underground Dam level because its soooooooo looooooong and I dont have a pickaxe. Please help me!

You get the Pickaxes at the end of the Lost Caverns after you pass the Scorpion Temple. You don't need the Pickaxes to finish the Underground Dam (which is a good thing because you won't be getting them for a while). I take it you found the pink wall that goes to the Cavern Teleport. You go there the next time you're at the Underground Dam. For right now, you need to continue the rest of the way past the elevated walkway that leads to that pink wall. Ride the swinging platforms across to go to where the first Idol and the Shaman are, then work your way up to the top where there are three green boxes. From there you can either get the second Idol (you'll need your Torch to see the way, and you should turn up the brightness on your TV), or you can move on to the next level (the Abandoned Cavern).

BTW, I assume you found the Healing Spring in the Underground Dam, but if you didn't, it's down below the elevated walkway that leads to the pink wall.

I HATED the Underground Dam.

You get the Pickaxes at the end of the Lost Caverns after you pass the Scorpion Temple. You don't need the Pickaxes to finish the Underground Dam (which is a good thing because you won't be getting them for a while). I take it you found the pink wall that goes to the Cavern Teleport. You go there the next time you're at the Underground Dam. For right now, you need to continue the rest of the way past the elevated walkway that leads to that pink wall. Ride the swinging platforms across to go to where the first Idol and the Shaman are, then work your way up to the top where there are three green boxes. From there you can either get the second Idol (you'll need your Torch to see the way, and you should turn up the brightness on your TV), or you can move on to the next level (the Abandoned Cavern).

BTW, I assume you found the Healing Spring in the Underground Dam, but if you didn't, it's down below the elevated walkway that leads to the pink wall.

I HATED the Underground Dam.

How do you get the shamans and th idols in the underground dam. My cavern notes that I recently bought tell me there are 2 shamans and 2 idols. I hat this level and cannot find them. Thank You.

How do you get the shamans and th idols in the underground dam. My cavern notes that I recently bought tell me there are 2 shamans and 2 idols. I hat this level and cannot find them. Thank You.

You're not alone. That level is one of the biggest pains in the butt in the game, especially if you come back through it again later (the Idol and Shaman in the Crystal Cavern level both require TNT).

Anyway, all the stuff in the Underground Dam is very close to the end of the level. I assume you found the Healing Spring and the passage to the Cavern Teleport (the latter where the pink wall is).
If you go back around the other way down the elevated walkway from where the Cavern Teleport entrance is, then ride the swinging platforms, you'll see on the far side there is a two-level cage. The first Idol is on the very bottom level (spin-kick the crates out of the way, then roll through) and the Shaman is directly above that.

The second Idol is trickier and underscores the rule about how everything is there for a reason in this game. After you get Idol #1 and the Shaman, fight your way past the last couple of goons over to the right side of the cavern and climb up to the top.
The exit to the Abandoned Cavern is in front of you and to your left there are three green crates. Climb up the green crates to the metal framework up near the ceiling. You want to go a little to your left and walk down the widest of the metal rails (the swinging platforms hang from this). Go all the way to the far end and turn left, walking very carefully because it's narrow, and you'll find a tiny rock platform. I suggest you use your Torch AND turn up the brightness on your TV. You'll see a small hole. Roll through the hole to a small room and the Idol is in there.....along with a Pitfall directly in front of the Idol. You have to run across the Pitfall while it's closed, grab the Idol, and run back, and remember that you need to empty Harry's hands (put away the Torch) before grabbing an Idol! Hence a big reason for turning up the brightness on your TV—you want to put away the Torch before running across the Pitfall so as not to waste any time, because there is NO space between the Pitfall and the Idol!

Once you get these three things, head on to the Abandoned Cavern. Or, alternatively, you could leave the Shaman until you come back through here on the way out if you like, but if you have enough Idols already (10) I suggest you buy the Smash Strike if you don't already have it. It's extremely useful in the next several levels!

Hey 1995hoo - I've finally reached the FireBombed towers (at the proper time this time), but I can't figure out how to get up to the highest levels (for example, where you'd need to be to get to the explorer). I'm assuming you somehow have to get up into the dirigibles, but I can't find a way. Any clues? Thanks.

Tom

Hey 1995hoo - I've finally reached the FireBombed towers (at the proper time this time), but I can't figure out how to get up to the highest levels (for example, where you'd need to be to get to the explorer). I'm assuming you somehow have to get up into the dirigibles, but I can't find a way. Any clues? Thanks.

Tom

You have to go all the way across the first part to in front of the Gates of El Dorado, then climb up the grassy areas to the right. From there you can jump your way across.

Thank You.

Thank You. I have already found all of the tools and have beaten the Indian. I am trying to go back through the levels and gather all of the idols and shamans I missed so that I can figure out how to use the mystery item to play the old games.

You're not alone. That level is one of the biggest pains in the butt in the game, especially if you come back through it again later (the Idol and Shaman in the Crystal Cavern level both require TNT).

Anyway, all the stuff in the Underground Dam is very close to the end of the level. I assume you found the Healing Spring and the passage to the Cavern Teleport (the latter where the pink wall is).
If you go back around the other way down the elevated walkway from where the Cavern Teleport entrance is, then ride the swinging platforms, you'll see on the far side there is a two-level cage. The first Idol is on the very bottom level (spin-kick the crates out of the way, then roll through) and the Shaman is directly above that.

The second Idol is trickier and underscores the rule about how everything is there for a reason in this game. After you get Idol #1 and the Shaman, fight your way past the last couple of goons over to the right side of the cavern and climb up to the top.
The exit to the Abandoned Cavern is in front of you and to your left there are three green crates. Climb up the green crates to the metal framework up near the ceiling. You want to go a little to your left and walk down the widest of the metal rails (the swinging platforms hang from this). Go all the way to the far end and turn left, walking very carefully because it's narrow, and you'll find a tiny rock platform. I suggest you use your Torch AND turn up the brightness on your TV. You'll see a small hole. Roll through the hole to a small room and the Idol is in there.....along with a Pitfall directly in front of the Idol. You have to run across the Pitfall while it's closed, grab the Idol, and run back, and remember that you need to empty Harry's hands (put away the Torch) before grabbing an Idol! Hence a big reason for turning up the brightness on your TV—you want to put away the Torch before running across the Pitfall so as not to waste any time, because there is NO space between the Pitfall and the Idol!

Once you get these three things, head on to the Abandoned Cavern. Or, alternatively, you could leave the Shaman until you come back through here on the way out if you like, but if you have enough Idols already (10) I suggest you buy the Smash Strike if you don't already have it. It's extremely useful in the next several levels!

Back