wii & plasma

fuseman13 said:
Yeah, I am not sure exactly how the remote IR works, I think the IR just bounces off them and reads it that way, but I do not know for sure so don't quote me on that.
LCD interference is not as bad as Plamsa. Plasma is just an IR hog.
Florecent lighting is the worst. It just kills IR signal. Ambient lighting from sunlight can also be a problematic issue but I have not had any problems with my Wii yet.

Also, for you who want Plasma for your gaming monitor. If you do happen to get a burned image because you paused your game and it left an image, all you need to do is put on a full white screen for 20 minutes or so, and it will wash it away. Usually you don't do any permanant damage unless you leave it like that for more than 48 hours.
As best as I can figure, there is an IR-sensitive camera (or some similar means of detection) on the end of the Wiimote. The sensor bar sends out a constant IR signal, which the wiimote picks up and locates. The problem isn't losing the signal, it's picking up on other things (IE, if you have two candles burning side by side, the Wiimote will pick them up as if they were the sensor bar).

i have a crappy old tv that i've been using for the cube. it's a big sized screen but it has no av plugs. i use my old adaptor from the 64 on my cube so i can use the aireal instead of av. i'm getting a new tv soon but will i be able to use the aireal cable on the wii instead of the av's?

if you have a plasma mounted on the wall, you can use double sided tape or peel off the sticky things on the bottom of the sensor bar

and newer plasmas have a VERY small chance of burn in, i flel asleep on 360 dashboard for about 6 hours, and nothing happened, and my brother left it on for about 12 hours and nothing happened, it's probably a combination ofthe plasmas reliability and anti burn in feature

registerednerd said:
As best as I can figure, there is an IR-sensitive camera (or some similar means of detection) on the end of the Wiimote. The sensor bar sends out a constant IR signal, which the wiimote picks up and locates. The problem isn't losing the signal, it's picking up on other things (IE, if you have two candles burning side by side, the Wiimote will pick them up as if they were the sensor bar).

Correct.

I forget the source, but the Wiimote picks up the IR signals and sends the data to the Wii, which uses triangulation to find out where it's pointing. The sensor bar is just there to emit the signal, and doesn't actually communicate with the console in any way, shape or form. So other light sources or IR sources can disrupt the signal.

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere the wire connecting it was only to power the emmitters that are in the IR Bar. Seems like a resonable explaination of how it works. No one should have to worry about ambient lighitng from outside or from their flatpanels in general, only from small amounts of light like registeredrnerd had experienced.

its a plasma monitor u can hook to the computer,i use it to play quake ,halo,doom,and medieval:total war

ill post the picture of my very own wiiroom when i get the wii hooked up probably tonight or tomorrow

This has been discovered... I would tell you to search but I am still amazed at the ancient technology Nintendo used. So I'll let you slide.

im getting my wii in a couple of hours ,my friend that works at walmart is keeping a wii hostage just 4 me and im picking it up at 6:30 or 7:00pm.
my question is this.............is the wii worthwhile?should i make all the online updates???.......i have heard this has damaged a couple of wiis,is it completly necessary??.........anyways im happy im getting a wii without having to buy it online, hahahahaha and better yet i wont have to wait till christmas hahahahaha

anyways any input will be appreciated!thanks

HA!!! You turned your parents incoming baby room into a game room? lol

nope i live alone in a big ass apartment i have 3 spare rooms and theyr empty
one im planning to turn into bar another in an office & the other in the wii temple

oh ya and that video with the sensor bar i couldnt realy see the point

Back