Wii Points

zealotnic

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
When using the Wii points to buy classic games online, do you keep the game on your Wii forever? or for a specified amount of time?

It's forever. And nintendo keeps track of your purchases, so you can download it again for free if something happens to the original.

What happends is the VC game gets put on your Wii, which you keep forever.

You can also copy it to an SD card. Then you can delete the game form your Wii.

But if you accidentally lose it on your SD card, and it's not stored on your Wii, you can download it back for FREE, granted if you havn't reset your system through that one thing in the options (I don't have a Wii, so I wouldn't know what it exactly is)

Trulen said:
What happends is the VC game gets put on your Wii, which you keep forever.

You can also copy it to an SD card. Then you can delete the game form your Wii.

But if you accidentally lose it on your SD card, and it's not stored on your Wii, you can download it back for FREE, granted if you havn't reset your system through that one thing in the options (I don't have a Wii, so I wouldn't know what it exactly is)
most of that is correct. even if you reset your system to factory defaults, you can still redownload the game for free because it is tied to your system. the system doesnt change when you reset it to factory. it just deletes EVERYTHING you put on it

I wonder how they will keep track of your games cause in theory u could connect your friends Wii to your Internet and redownload your games to his Wii. Saying that the security is in ur Ip and not your Wii.

zealotnic said:
I wonder how they will keep track of your games cause in theory u could connect your friends Wii to your Internet and redownload your games to his Wii. Saying that the security is in ur Ip and not your Wii.

Every wii has its own code theres no ip address involved.

WiiLLNg24 said:
What is the pricing of points?

From what I have seen, it is around $20 for 2000 points.

The games go from 500-1000 points, so that's from $5-$10.

frontsidefish said:
As has already been mentioned, each game is tied to the Wii it was downloaded on, it won't work on any other console.:nono:

Only a matter of time before someone outsmarts Nintendo.

zealotnic said:

each Wii has it's own unique id (Mac) number

Back