Wii powering ON on its own

wingman21

WiiChat Member
Mar 30, 2007
Got my Wii yesterday... YAHOOOOUUUUU lol!

So I woke up this morning, my Wii was powered on (green light), so I was like hummmm, did I forget to turn it off last night!? Hummmmm!? So I go to work, come back at the end of day, my Wii is again turned on!??????

What could be causing this? Any idea?

The Power button light is always on despite the fact that the console is actually turned off. Everything is normal, nothing to worry about.

I know, but when its off, its RED not GREEN! Mine turns on by itself like every hour or so... its freaking weird !????? Am I the only one with that problem!? As for the other thread, its doesnt explain anything... just people bashing on the thread's starter!!! Anyway, its not normal that my Wii turns on by itself... something must be causing this... any idea?

Thanks

FR. said:
The Power button light is always on despite the fact that the console is actually turned off. Everything is normal, nothing to worry about.

Look carefully and see if it's orange instead of green. If it's green, just see if it happens again. If there's someone else living with you ask them about it ;]

Then... call NOA, or NOE... Wherever you live.

Maybe ur bro has bought his own Wii-mote and synced it when your not looking, and now hes pressing the power button to turn it on to annoy you lol?

OK, last night I moved my remote elsewhere in my appartment (further away) and my Wii wasnt turn on this morning! Could it be some interference when they are to close to the console or something like that?

i found the green light my wii on once like the 1st week i got it (when it came out in us) but it never happened again though so im not worried bout it

It could be that the power button on the Wiimote is being pressed by something near it, make sure you have your Wiimote facing button side up with nothing on top, I have noticed when I pack up my Wii to take it somewhere, I usually put the Wiimote in with my games, clothes, other controllers etc, I have noticed at times when I pick up my bag, my blue LEDs start to flash

That happened to me the 2nd or 3rd day i got mine, it just was kinda on even though you turned it off. It only happened twoce but its stopped and never done it since.

Back