Wii Price Drop?

Welcome to Wiichat! I hope you enjoy your stay.
I'm not really sure. .. .. Christmas this year?

Ehhhh
It honestly depends mainly on when Microsoft and Sony drop their prices. Especially Microsoft as it could lower the cost of the $300 to $250 (American Dollars). Then Nintendo might lower it, and I emphasize 'might'. Honestly though I wouldn't expect it anytime soon as it hasn't even been out a year yet.

With it selling the way it is, there is absolutely no reason to make a price drop. However, when 360 goes down it indeed probably will. Why ruin a good thing? Nintendo is raking in the dough obviously, and its very doubtful it will be anytime soon.

Is it not cheap enough?...

I would assume late this year early next year though. Probably early next year, just so they can make a big profit for this Christmas.

i thought price drops only happen when the system isnt selling as well as it used to. Well according to the news channel on my wii, it says sales have actually increased since april to may, and even more from may to june! They predict that this calamity over the Wii will quiet down after Christmas. So if a price drop is going to happen, itll probably be summer of next year.

WiiBad said:
With it selling the way it is, there is absolutely no reason to make a price drop.
Exactly what I was thinking. What would Nintendos motivation be? Even if the 360 and PS3 dropped their prices the Wii would still be less expensive right?

ericlewis91 said:
well in Canada...after 1 month of the wii being out...it went up 10dollars..not down..went up!
You are wrong. The wii went up in Canada in May buy 10$, not a month after it came out!

Back