Wii + Projector Question

eMCe

Caught dancing w/ my Wii
Feb 22, 2007
Denver, CO
Wii Online Code
8563-6651-0916-3899
So its just a simple question. But I have a Sanyo Z4 projector- want to know if there are any tips for using the wii on a HD projector. Any problems or experiences any one has had? I just want to make sure I know the problems before I run into any.

I got a projector too, I'm waiting til they release a VGA adapter to put that HD on it!

me too! I know the wii isn't hidef but I really want to run hdmi to it b/c it would save me so much on my home theatre set up.

in front of the wall where my image is...!

you got HDMI on ur projector! thats hella nice! mine is a bite cheaper lol! well it does all the work anyways!

yeah I keep my sensor bar about 4in under my screen which is about 104in.

well I am building my own home theatre in my townhome so i'm going top mount it here soon.

I have a projector with one of those 15 pin component ports (the kind that looks like a VGA port but is actually component) and I found this adapter that goes from the 3 cable component to the 15 pin projector kind. So I hooked my Wii up to the component cables, and hooked those up to the adapter which plugs into the projector. It works great, and I reccomend it. Runs in 480p, 16x9 all the good stuff.

Let_It_Burn said:
in front of the wall where my image is...!

you got HDMI on ur projector! thats hella nice! mine is a bite cheaper lol! well it does all the work anyways!
It's not that uncommon, my father has a Mitsubishi DLP projector with HDMI, it matters how old the projector is, I have a friend who got an HD projector before my father and my friend had a big a$$ projector with no HDMI, but at the time they got the projector, DVI was just coming out, so componet was the only HD it could support, now that HDTV is becoming more widley known, and more people are getting it, DVI and HDMI are becoming more popular, some thing with televisions, my same friend with the older projector has a CRT tube HD television that didn't support HDMI, but now I have an LCD television with VGA, componet, HDMI and a built in HD tuner

as for how well the Wii will work on a projector, I had a similar question before, it should work, but my friend (same one with the older HD projector), said that he had some lamp problems when he had his Nintendo 64 and XBOX connected to it, but every time I saw it running, the only problem I saw was green colors didn't show up, but I think that was just because the projector was a first generation and still had some flaws (and is was a SONY product), it should run fine, I wonder how it would work on a composite connection though, all the HD connections on my father's projector are used up

gamechaser001 said:
It's not that uncommon, my father has a Mitsubishi DLP projector with HDMI, it matters how old the projector is, I have a friend who got an HD projector before my father and my friend had a big a$$ projector with no HDMI, but at the time they got the projector, DVI was just coming out, so componet was the only HD it could support, now that HDTV is becoming more widley known, and more people are getting it, DVI and HDMI are becoming more popular, some thing with televisions, my same friend with the older projector has a CRT tube HD television that didn't support HDMI, but now I have an LCD television with VGA, componet, HDMI and a built in HD tuner

as for how well the Wii will work on a projector, I had a similar question before, it should work, but my friend (same one with the older HD projector), said that he had some lamp problems when he had his Nintendo 64 and XBOX connected to it, but every time I saw it running, the only problem I saw was green colors didn't show up, but I think that was just because the projector was a first generation and still had some flaws (and is was a SONY product), it should run fine, I wonder how it would work on a composite connection though, all the HD connections on my father's projector are used up

iit's not uncommon, but it is expensive

rgf942 said:
I have a projector with one of those 15 pin component ports (the kind that looks like a VGA port but is actually component) and I found this adapter that goes from the 3 cable component to the 15 pin projector kind. So I hooked my Wii up to the component cables, and hooked those up to the adapter which plugs into the projector. It works great, and I reccomend it. Runs in 480p, 16x9 all the good stuff.

you have a link for this? thanks

rgf942 said:
I would like to see a picture myself, if the connection is blue and/or it says computer, it is a VGA port, I have never seen a projector with a VGA looking port that wasn't VGA, the adapter that you are talking about sounds like it's just a VGA to componet converter, I wouldn't be suprised if the same item could connect a computer to an HDTV over componet

I run my wii with my Optima HD70 with the nintendo component cables and it is just find. I set the Wii to 480P and the projector sees the 480P signal and the projects it at 480P. It looks pretty good. Wii sports is a bit rough edges on the bowling pins and such - BUT NO BIG DEAL. NFS Carbon looks KILLER on it. I am on a 130in projection.

For anyone looking for a projector look at the optima HD70. It is GREAT for the money. You can get it for less than a grand. HDMI port and all. Very very nice compared to the competition. I chose it over a few that cost more...after I got to see them side by side.

I am running the sinsor bar just across the living room and have it sitting on a small table in front of the screen. As soon as I can get my hands on a wireless sinsor bar... EBgames/GameStop and Walmart will be getting them in any time now.. I will mount it at the top of the screen and be DONE with it and not have to worry about the kids or cat playing with the wire...

Back