Wii/Ps3/360 sales.

You cant really compare sales per console as each console sells at a different price.

If you go by a consumer point of view then the ps3 is probably doing just aswell as the Wii. It may have sold 1/3 but costs 3 times as much so consumer spending is about equal for the PS3 and Wii. This doesnt translate into net gain though unfortunatly for Sony.

One of the reasons I bought the Wii was for online play. Mainly because of Metroid 3 (Hopefully online) and SSB Brawl. And if some FPS are online, the way they are played also attracted me.

FPSs are gonna be hard to balance online, there will be people who find a way to be the best cheating the controls

Sovieto said:
FPSs are gonna be hard to balance online, there will be people who find a way to be the best cheating the controls
There will probably be a little tips and tricks people will develop with FPS's on the Wii. The Wii when it comes to FPS's is exactly like a FPS on a computer. I really hope third-party companys can really utilize the Wii's motion sensitivity and make it a great online expierence for FPS's. They should of added online to Call Of Duty 3. I have no idea why they didn't.

Lol, I'd say your expectations are pretty consistent....they could definitely become a possibility.

SALES RATINGS:
1. 360
2. Wii
3. PS3

I hate to say it, but I think the 360 is gonna beat out the WIi, as far as sales go. :(

vagrant said:
I'll unkindly disagree with your disagreement. People DO lose interest due to lack of availability. A lot of the hoopla around a console launch, is people want to have it right away, be in that elite group of people who finally have it. After one realizes they have to wait to get it, it just doesn't seem as necessary to get it right away.

And edit a post if you want to add more, don't multipost in a row.

I wasn't multiposting jackass, I was talking to someone else.

Jesus, why do half the people on this board not have any tact whatsoever?

If you want to diasgaree, fine, but learn how to be decent, don't be rude.

Perhaps say "please" once and awhile.

As for your argument....seems to me noone is losing interest in the Wii, sales certainly aren't declining. If the trend were to continue through next Christmas I'd say you have a point, but even if it were to be fairly unavailable through the next couple months, I don't think you've got a real problem there.

I think people were pissed off more at Sony's pricing than they were with lack of availability at launch.

I think it's fairly obvious that most video game fans don't have much in the way of principles. They tend to be worried about two things: 1. Cost and 2. Games. If availability were really that key of an issue, you certainly wouldn't have 200+ pages of posts in the "Still in search for a Wii" thread.

TheMix said:
I wasn't multiposting jackass, I was talking to someone else.

Jesus, why do half the people on this board not have any tact whatsoever?

If you want to diasgaree, fine, but learn how to be decent, don't be rude.

Perhaps say "please" once and awhile.

As for your argument....seems to me noone is losing interest in the Wii, sales certainly aren't declining. If the trend were to continue through next Christmas I'd say you have a point, but even if it were to be fairly unavailable through the next couple months, I don't think you've got a real problem there.

I think people were pissed off more at Sony's pricing than they were with lack of availability at launch.

I think it's fairly obvious that most video game fans don't have much in the way of principles. They tend to be worried about two things: 1. Cost and 2. Games. If availability were really that key of an issue, you certainly wouldn't have 200+ pages of posts in the "Still in search for a Wii" thread.

"talking to someone else" - - Well clearly you now how to use the quote tag, so you are suppose to edit your post, add the next quote you are replying to below.

And no, people were turned off because it wasn't available on launch. There was even an article I am pretty sure was even shown on this site, where they were talking about how a lot of people interviewed stated they lost interest because of the lack of availability.

And there are 200 pages in the still in search for a wii thread, because this is a Wii forum. People come here because they have or want a wii.

vagrant said:
And no, people were turned off because it wasn't available on launch. There was even an article I am pretty sure was even shown on this site, where they were talking about how a lot of people interviewed stated they lost interest because of the lack of availability.

Show me the article. Show me how many have been turned off. You assuming doesn't equal proof in my book.

And there are 200 pages in the still in search for a wii thread, because this is a Wii forum. People come here because they have or want a wii.

You just proved my point.

TheMix said:
Show me the article. Show me how many have been turned off. You assuming doesn't equal proof in my book.

You just proved my point.

You are using a couple dozen people posting in a thread on a wii forum...as proof that just because a console isn't available doesn't mean people stop wanting it? I didn't prove your point at all. Because this forum is a pure concentration of wii fans, thus it hardly represents the general public. And I'll let you look for the article.

you cannot compare 360/ps3 to wii
not because the Wii is the almighty system, as some would say.
because Nintendo said , we are not part of the "Next Gen".

Its like comparing apples to oranges , sure they have some things in common both are good! both are fruits! both are shiny colours! the list goes on but they taste different and have different qualities.
Just because Nintendo and Sony launched there respective systems at the same time does not mean that they are to be compared to , they took oppposite roads in the same direction .
To give different people different systems , different games , different types of fun
Please stop comparing the Two (Two meaning Next Gen , and Wii)
They are not meant to be

Man your right , Ihave been comparing my Wii against ths kids Ps3 you're right they two different things it's stupid to try and compare them.

ZinGy said:
They should of added online to Call Of Duty 3. I have no idea why they didn't.

They did not add Online to call of duty(COD) because COD is made by a 3rd part company and there is no Online with the Wii right now.

NuFLo said:
You cant really compare sales per console as each console sells at a different price.

If you go by a consumer point of view then the ps3 is probably doing just aswell as the Wii. It may have sold 1/3 but costs 3 times as much so consumer spending is about equal for the PS3 and Wii. This doesnt translate into net gain though unfortunatly for Sony.

you have to compare sales of consoles in numbers. It does not matter that people spent a billion dollars on ps3 and a billion dollars on the Wii. If that billion Dollars is 5 million Wii's and 2.5 million PS3's, the Wii is ahead. When you release a game, you cant sell 4 million copies if you only have 2.5 million consoles out there.

The money is made on the games, most companies lose money selling the consoles.

Thread cleaned - lets keep the discussion mature and free from personal attacks please.

2ballscrewball said:
Xbox took a chance releasing the 360 a year early. They risked people not buying their product because the Xbox just came out 4 years earlier and history says consoles last 5 to 7 years. They risked Sony raising their processing power and putting out a product that is way more powerful the 360.

Sony made a mistake putting out a product that was way too expensive and it did not offer many advantages over the 360 (that is several hundred dollars less).

Nintendo offered a product that is very inexpensive and looks even more inexpensive when compared to the PS3. The WII only cost $50 more then the SNES cost that was released 16 years earlier. They offered new control method. They put 3 million consoles out in the first 3 months of launch.

I predict the PS3 will drop their price and some of the franchise games will come through.

Wii sales will slow very soon and a lack of great 3rd party games and the failure of Nintendo to capitalize of the online function will make sales drop off.

Microsoft sales will slow due to them trying to nickel and dime their customers to death.

A year from now all of the consoles will have the same sales.

If Nintendo manages a price drop and comes through on their promised online features, they will lead the sales figures.

what do you think?

does nintendo have a lack of third party support? i've heard to the contrary

Back