Wii, PS3 or Xbox360 - Who will win the console sales race?

blitzkrieg

WiiChat Member
Jun 27, 2006
I predict the sales to be:

Playstation 3 75 million
Ninteno Wii 50 million
Xbox 360 40 million

Keep in mind that the sales of the current generation of consoles have sold:
Playstation 2 104 million
Xbox 22 million
Gamecube 20.85 million

The Playstation 3 will start slowly, but after it has been out for over a year and the price goes down, it will start to sell big numbers. It may sell even more in about 3 years if Blu-ray (the type of discs PS3 can play) starts to become popular.

I agree on the PS3 sales, but only because it's so freaking expensive and their loyal followers would pay a million just so they can have the next playstation. Although, I highly doubt that blu ray will catch on. Look at the Memory Stick, only Sony uses it, so rarely see them and they are expensive. HD DVD is relatively the same thing, and it's already becoming mainstream.

registerednerd said:
I agree on the PS3 sales, but only because it's so freaking expensive and their loyal followers would pay a million just so they can have the next playstation. Although, I highly doubt that blu ray will catch on. Look at the Memory Stick, only Sony uses it, so rarely see them and they are expensive. HD DVD is relatively the same thing, and it's already becoming mainstream.

and about that whatchamacalit thing the psp uses

univeral already pulled the plug on the movies for the psp

and are there even any non-ps3 blu-ray players yet?

you can get an hd-dvd player at best buy for 1,000 or less

oh and i understand that most people who like nintendo, like sony, because they are so similar (being japanese and all) but i honestly hate all sony products. i think that either the wii or xbox will win win the console race and i pray that the ps3 looses they dont desirve it they did nothing revolutionary

iCollins said:
oh and i understand that most people who like nintendo, like sony, because they are so similar (being japanese and all) but i honestly hate all sony products. i think that either the wii or xbox will win win the console race and i pray that the ps3 looses they dont desirve it they did nothing revolutionary
I agree completely with you Sony sucks I've hated Sony ever since my best mate got a playsation and i had a 64 and i thourght god does that suck

The sales for me would be...
50% Wii (cheaper and more fun to play than any other console)
30% XBox 360 (cause it's average priced and it's ok)
20% PS3 (cause its so not revolutionary and really expensive)

Yeah Wii rox dis world. I started looking at the first Wii trailer on Nintendo.com and i drooled. i actually stuffed up the keyboard. NOW ILL NEVER AFFORD A Wii!!!!!!!:(

I don't really care who wins the console race, but my own guess is that Sony will win again, though with a greatly reduced number of sales. The 360, which does most of the same things a PS3 does at a lower price, will probably do well (and take a few sales away from the PS3). As for the Wii, my guess is that it might battle with the 360 for second place, like the Gamecube and XBox. The name really won't help sales in English speaking countries, but it could potentially make up for that in Asia (where Nintendo have always been pretty strong). However, with limited info on the Wii's capabilities, it's hard to say how well it will do. There's never been anything like it before, and new ideas are always risky.

I don't think sony will win just look how people loved the wii on E3 or just see how many wii forums there are... also I saw a site which is called Top100 wii sites and what about PS3 (or sandwich maker) ??? Truly I just have seen
2 PS3 forums and I've a lot of time searching for some but look !!! Nintendo will win it just wait and PS3 will be in second place, XBOX360 in 3rd... and maybe if people buy the PS3 is not to play is for the BIG COMPUTER

Arcadium said:
I don't think sony will win just look how people loved the wii on E3 or just see how many wii forums there are... also I saw a site which is called Top100 wii sites and what about PS3 (or sandwich maker) ??? Truly I just have seen
2 PS3 forums and I've a lot of time searching for some but look !!! Nintendo will win it just wait and PS3 will be in second place, XBOX360 in 3rd... and maybe if people buy the PS3 is not to play is for the BIG COMPUTER

Huh? :confused:
Type "PS3 forum" into Google and you'll find a ton of them.

Back