Wii purchase advice (what extra I need etc.)

Thebouy

WiiChat Member
Jul 21, 2007
I'm just about to purchase a wii!
What i wanted to know was what do I need extra apart from the standard Wii+ Wii sports package to play multiplayer with friends when they come over?
Basically do I need to buy a second Wiimote and nunchuk?

Thanks in advance :smilewinkgrin:

Yes, you need a second Wiimote and nunchuck (boxing) to play your mates.

ya, 7i sudjest u get legend of zelda tp and resident evil:wii edition, for the.... you geussed it, the wii!!!! :smilewinkgrin:

if you have plenty of friends, buy 3 more remotes and 3 nunchucks, then get a good mulitplayer game to go with wii sports. mario strikers is good for multiplayer

Thanks for all the advice!

As for buying 3, well if they wanna play they can but there won for £45 per set :wink:

Wii points. Get a couple cards if you can. Also, if you dont want to use/buy a gamecube controller, get a Classic controller. SD card would be a smart buy as well.

my suggestion is don't get a classic controller get a game cube one.

I got a classic one thinking that smash bros brawl was gonna only be playable on the classic but then they announced that it works with game cube controller too.

3 other reasons for a game cube controller rather than a classic is:
1)They play game cube games.
2) if you are playing a classic game that does not require GC or classic controller you have an extra controller cause it doesent have to plug into the wiimote.
3) they are just plain more comfortable.

I know this kinda is off topic but meh. i hope its usefull

You shouldn't need an sd card until you start running out of memory. You should get wii play. It comes with a remote & it has 9 pretty good games. Another nunchuk is a must too. Certain vc games will only work with the classic controller too. Depending on which vc games you get, you might eventually want one.

Wiily Good said:
I would suggest buying extra sets of Wiimote/Nunchuks's before buying anything else.

That's exactly what I did! I bought 3 extra Wiimotes and then a nunchuk (not all multiplayer games use nunchuk yet, so that's why I bought it last) Then I bought Rayman and then Wario Ware

essentially u need at least 1 more remot n nunchuck.

but you can play up to 12 players with one remote on warioware smooth moves also not all game need 2 nunchucks so remote is obviously most important.

good multiplayers. splinter cell DA, Warioware, Sonic secret rings, Monkeyball, mario party 8. but i suggest for mini game collections they are best with 3 or more players so if you have enough friends then get 2 more sets
But yeah i get your point they are pretty exspensive for a set

Back