Wii REALLY NEEDS A HEADSET

Rangers94

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
Wii Online Code
3065-6413-9926-3094
It's ridiculous that this system has NO headset for online play. Does anyone know if they are making one any time soon?

Alright, there have been SO many threads about this. You're pretty new so I won't destroy you. But, Nintendo has announced no plans to make a headset.

I do think they have one in the works, however, most likely to be released with either Animal Crossing, Brawl, or Mario Kart. But don't don't expect any current online games to be able to have headset support.

Now, thread closed.

Last edited:
Why does Nintendo need a headset?

If you're answer is: For co-operative online play - Fair enough.
If you're answer is: So I can shout abuse at the people I beat/that beat me - No.

Usually it's a case of the latter, and the Wii is not the place to do it.

Squall7 said:
Why does Nintendo need a headset?

If you're answer is: For co-operative online play - Fair enough.
If you're answer is: So I can shout abuse at the people I beat/that beat me - No.

Usually it's a case of the latter, and the Wii is not the place to do it.

I know for me it's the top one. And even if it was the bottom option, Nintendo would never allow you to speak with people that aren't on your friends list. And, most people would never get too verbally abusive on a friend.

nic7 said:
I know for me it's the top one. And even if it was the bottom option, Nintendo would never allow you to speak with people that aren't on your friends list. And, most people would never get too verbally abusive on a friend.
True, but then people will just complain about that.

Besides, if it's like on these forums, then people will be begging and adding strange people that give out their friendcodes to strangers anyway.

I personally think that the reasoning behind Nintendo so-called "backwards" approach to online gaming is probably because of the broad range in players. I think they're being cautious, which I'm all for. We all know how the internet can be...

i heard rumors that nintendo might get rid of the friend code thing all together. Now this is compleatly heresay and has no actual confirmed truth but it would make online play and headset use alot more fun.

well, let's see...

Battalion Wars II does NOT need friend codes to play with others (Play Anyone button).

As for headsets, when they make them, expect:

1) People abusing it (cursing, etc.)
2) Whiny children
3) Whiny children who abuse it (probably because they think they're cool)

You guys do realize that it probably is inevitable that the wii does receive headset support? I mean, it took a little while for the DS to get it, but even it has it. So, I say we have the support by the end of 2008.

...and remember, you don't have to use the headset.

Damascus said:
well, let's see...

Battalion Wars II does NOT need friend codes to play with others (Play Anyone button).

That's not unique to BWii. Mario Strikers is the same way, as well as the DS online games.

As for headsets, when they make them, expect:

1) People abusing it (cursing, etc.)
2) Whiny children
3) Whiny children who abuse it (probably because they think they're cool)

Some DS games support voice chat, but only with people you have exchanged friend codes with. If/when there's voice chat support for Wii, expect it to work the same way.

Think we'll ever have to pay to play online? I only ask because both X Box and Playstastion both have killer online setup but at ther same time require a subscription. Anyone see a patern?

Playstation doesn't require payment. But, to answer your question, I'm going to say no. I figure, by the next xbox, you won't have to pay either.

Back