Wii rechargeable batterys

chain blade

I love my wii!!!
Jan 15, 2007
Virginia,Co.cavan Ireland
Wii Online Code
3762-5070-6059-6459
Hi everyone!I just wanted to tell u all i think i got rechargeable batterys with my wii.Coz id be in da middle of playing zelda right,and id check me battery life it might say 2 left, and then i leave on the wii,on zelda and all, and u no da way if u dont move it for a while, it "losses the connection" i think then i starts to recharge the batteries, Anyone else have to same good luck?

The batteries are not recharging. How could they? There's no power source. The batteries are the power source. It's not physically possible.

It doesn't come with rechargeables but I've been thinking about using them (I have some Rayovac 15 minute rechargeables that are supposed to last twice as long as alkalines).
We are not doing any hard-core gaming but have replaced the batts in both wii-motes since Jan 21st!
It's either that or buy another 16-pack of alkalines.

Hawkee said:
The batteries are not recharging. How could they? There's no power source. The batteries are the power source. It's not physically possible.

I second this. It is not possible... what is happening is your checking the battery on screen (which isnt completely accurate by the way) and it says what ? 2 blocks but when it "loses connections" the remote has shut down. So the batteries aren't being used... then u power it back on n check the indicator real quick n since its not accurate like I said it reads it as having more power since it sat idle for a while not being used.

make sense

rofl @ self-charging batteries.

But anyway, rechargeables are a very good idea with the Wiimote. I bought a few high-capacity LiMH's and they work great. Never buying alkalines again.

We are not doing any hard-core gaming but have replaced the batts in both wii-motes since Jan 21st!
It's either that or buy another 16-pack of alkalines.

Those 16 packs start to really add up in the landfills. BUY the rechargeables.
1) You save a ton of cash
2) You never need to run to the store to play your Wii
3) You don't dump a giant pile of batteries into landfills.

omg same crap happen to me. The ones they provided had like 1 bar left, so i took em out and use other batterys. After those died out i used the old one with the 1 bar left, and it said it was full.

That charging station is brilliant. It will also keep us from putting the remotes all over the place when we're done. :yesnod:

It says in the manual NOT to put in rechargeable batteries! Use at your own risk!

and actually there is a way in the near future for a battery to charge itself without a power source. its called nuclear fussion. not fission, fussion. this nuclear fission is being developed as we speak. not many details are being relesed on this product but id say at this rate this self-recharging battery will be developed in the next 10-15 years. it is said to run on a single water molecuel. the only thing that is keeping this project from being created is the enviormentalist that are affraid that these testing plants might have a *meltdown*. which will destroy the areas soil and make it an unlivable place. which i beleive is a load of crap, but anyways, there will be a self rechargable battery in the near future.

sagema said:
It says in the manual NOT to put in rechargeable batteries! Use at your own risk!

Actually, to quote Nintendo :

Important Note: If you would like to use rechargeable batteries, the only type of battery recommended are Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. When it comes to using rechargeable batteries, you must follow manufacturer guidelines for safety and proper usage. Failure to do so could cause damage to the Wii Remote and void the warranty.

Source :
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/wiiRemoteUsing.jsp

Nintendo also said this:
Use only alkaline batteries. Do not use lithium ion, nickel cadmium (nicad), nickel metal hydride (nimh), carbon zinc or any other non-alkaline batteries.

On the same site, under "Health and Safety Precautions - battery leakage".
Notice the "nickel metal hydride". Aren't those the rechargeable batteries they recommended?

:lol: :lol:

cake said:
and actually there is a way in the near future for a battery to charge itself without a power source. its called nuclear fussion. not fission, fussion. this nuclear fission is being developed as we speak. not many details are being relesed on this product but id say at this rate this self-recharging battery will be developed in the next 10-15 years. it is said to run on a single water molecuel. the only thing that is keeping this project from being created is the enviormentalist that are affraid that these testing plants might have a *meltdown*. which will destroy the areas soil and make it an unlivable place. which i beleive is a load of crap, but anyways, there will be a self rechargable battery in the near future.

It's actually spelled "fusion," and it's not being developed so much as a way to do it on earth is being discovered. Fusion happens in stars all the time in what's called "hot fusion," but earth is obviously not the right environment for it to occur. What they're attempting to come up with now is "cold fusion," something many scientists consider impossible.

And I highly doubt it would (or could?) be used for single batteries. More likely, fusion power plants would replace the current ones.

Back on topic, LiMHs work just fine. I've been using them for weeks.

Back