Wii remote #2 locks up during Super Mario Bros.

Ken M

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2009
Oregon
We just got the new Super Mario Bros game, and during two player play, the #2 remote will lock up. All of the lights flash and no movement of the chracter is possible.

I remove the batteries then reinstall. Give the remote a whack and it functions normally for awhile, then will lock up again.

Any ideas? Thanks

You said you removed the batteries. Did you then put in completely new ones? That sounds to me like you're running out of battery power on controller two.

You said you removed the batteries. Did you then put in completely new ones? That sounds to me like you're running out of battery power on controller two.

I'm using rechargeable battery packs which came with the Energizer flat panel induction charger. Battery life indicator on the screen shows good for both controllers.

If it continues to happen I'll try putting in some regular alkaline batteries.

Thanks for the suggestions.

if your looking for a greta clan with a strong member base and friendly people
come to ANWA u need a kd of 1 or we can test u if yur close
register and post u want to join on forums
visit anwaclan.tk if interested
ANWAgreen kd-1.22 pres 3 level 39

OMG! Yes I am having the same problem. I am working though some trouble shooting. I can say that I can replicate the problem quite easily. It happens with both remotes but is easier to do with #2. If I press the #2-Jump key to hard the remote will fail like mentioned above. And I can just do that again...and again...and again... If I swirl the remote around in a rotation vigorously it will also happen. Can happen 10 times in 5 minutes...makes the game unplayable and I want to throw remote at screen...TG for wrist straps.

I am using the white remotes that came with the system with the screw in battery packs.

Battery meter shows full.

I do have some windows in the room and I will check this again in the dark to see if the sunlight is a problem.

I am sitting approx 8-9 feet away from the TV.

I have re-synched both remotes and it keeps happening.

Any input would be great for my sanity.

Thanks

Reel

Wii Remote Failing

I am having the exact same issue, and I'm glad that I've finally found someone else having the same problem. I also have the Energizer induction recharging pad, and seeing as how you have it too, I'm betting that's the issue. I'm going to try either getting a different charging station or just using batteries and seeing if that fixes the problem. I would suggest the same to you.

same prob here... i only am using the #1 remote but it will lock up and resync a half dozen times in about ten minutes... ecpecially in the hard parts where im pushing lots of button fast! its so bad that i just quit the game and considering how much i paid for it its ridiculous! i also have the rechargeable batteries with the dual dock... i am sitting near my cordless phones so i will try that but it only does this on the mario game nothing else.... any help or fixes would be appreciated!:papermario:

I've never seen this before. Only if player 2 not added. But when added by hitting + key and adding players I've never failed.

Back