wii remote and Super Mario Bros.

bigpileofwii

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2006
Tennessee
Wii Online Code
6185-8491-0956-9356
any body else feel like the wiimote sucks for Super Mario Bros. Especially running since the 1 and 2 buttons are side by side and not angled any

The original NES controller A and B buttons were side by side and not angle.

well my guess is, this is one reason they made the classic controller. For people that don't like the usage of the wiimote in these VC games.

Xanthan said:
well my guess is, this is one reason they made the classic controller. For people that don't like the usage of the wiimote in these VC games.
yeah i know thats why i bought one i just was making an

jlspec said:
The original NES controller A and B buttons were side by side and not angle.
i know but after 15 years of gaming with the them diagonal it just feels awkward

I still beat the game in about 7 minutes. I farted around a bit getting coins I didn't need.

I think they're fine, but then again I played the NES's rectangula-trols a lot.

You can also use the gamecube controller on it!

It's in the US shop for sure, on the third page I believe, when listing them alphabetically.

It also shows up on the first page of "Newly Released".

i got super mario bros on the day it came out, and im having a problem. whenever i try to play the game, the screen stays completely black and the buttons dont work, i can only see the screen when i push the home button and the options come up, and when i exit that it goes back to a black screen in 1 second and the buttons still dont work. can anyone help me?

e3e3e3e3e3 said:
i got super mario bros on the day it came out, and im having a problem. whenever i try to play the game, the screen stays completely black and the buttons dont work, i can only see the screen when i push the home button and the options come up, and when i exit that it goes back to a black screen in 1 second and the buttons still dont work. can anyone help me?

try these two things

1. try deleting the channel and redownloading it (it wont cost you twice)

if that does not work

2.try unplugging the power cord to the Wii for 10 seconds and plug it back in then try again

Last edited:
It felt odd to me playing SMB with the classic controller. I always played with my thumb across a and b. Wit the classic controller I have to have my hand at a very odd angle to replicate this. I wish I could reprogram the controls so that I can use y and b instead of having to use a and b (or x and y).

-Bobby

Back