Wii Remote B button

xsoldier1911

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
I just got my Wii yesterday along with an extra remote and nunchuck. The B buttons on each remote are very different. The one that I purchased extra has a soft click to it just like the A button, but the one that came with the system has no click at all. It is very stiff and very sensitive. The lightest touch will activate the button, where the other remote requires the button to be pushed in a small amount to activate. I think the remote that came with the system may be defective because the high sensitivity of the B button made things very difficult for me at first. The B button makes you go back in the menu, and I was having a lot of trouble navigating before I figured out what was wrong. Does anybody else have a remote like this?

It sounds like the B button is just jammed into the remote, try pulling it out or sticking something in it (like folded paper) and moving it around. Don't try prying it though. lol

No its not jammed. It is the same distance as the other remote, and it moves the same distance into the remote as the other, just doesn't click and is too sensitive.

Headshot,
Thats what I am going to do.

or take them both back, get the guy to examine it and see which 1 is the imposter control and get him to replace the other 1. But mine clicks...

No luck. I just returned from Wal-mart and they are sold out of WiiMotes. I will have to use the defective unit until a replacement is available.

that kinda of reminds me of when i bought my gamecube the controller that came with had a smoother texture than the ones i bought extra.

Back