Wii Remote Battery

ca6leguy

WiiChat Member
Mar 1, 2007
My second controller that came with Wii play battery has just died after only a week. This one came with the Panasonic batteries. I think I have used it for about 15+ hours, maybe more. The indicator shows full charge for the whole week till yesterday it started giving low battery warning. Today, it kept turning off.

However, the controller that came with the console seems to be still running strong at full charge according to the indicator. This one came with the Maxwells batteries. I believe I use both controller almost equal amount of time.

How long does your original Panasonic batteries last compared with the Maxwells?

I can say that I've been playing with my Wii on it's original batteries for a time period exceeding 25hours and it's still got a half charge. So who knows, it's going to differ from person to person depending on their hours used, and what games they play because of the power requirements for specific tasks versus others and how much the game makes use of the speaker and all that stuff. Not to mention each individual batteries charge is a little different than others. You could have two 1.5V batteries, yet one is actually 1.2 V and holds charge real well, where as the other could be 1.7 and lose charge quickly. There's dozens of variables in there.

Yea, my battery that came with my wiimote died very quickly. I had been using standard non-rechargeable duracell batteries lasted maybe a week. I decided to try some Energizer E3 lithium battery for high tech appliances, and they lasted me a month! Ya, i know it sounds rediculous, but they work great. I played with them for about 2-3 hours a day for about a month. The remotes eat up regular batteries like no other.

why in the world are you people not buying rechargables?
Get a set of the style that can be recharged over 1000 times, and you'll be happy for years.
I have some rayovac's that I have to charge every 15-20 hours of play, they paid for themselves in 2 weeks.

It all depends on what game you play as well. Some games will cause the remote to vibrate or have sounds, etc which will cause it to use more battery power.

I agree definitely get some re-chargables.

I was thinking the same thing ^^ it would pay for it self in the end. I was just to know if it is as good as they say?

yeah i use rechargables. but was thinking of getting that logic rechargable kit instead? anyone heard anything about it?

GreenEnvy said:
why in the world are you people not buying rechargables?
Get a set of the style that can be recharged over 1000 times, and you'll be happy for years.
I have some rayovac's that I have to charge every 15-20 hours of play, they paid for themselves in 2 weeks.

It's not that we are not using rechargables. I currently use the sony 2700mAh rechargables. I just like to know "How long does your original Panasonic batteries last compared with the Maxwells?"

Back