Wii Remote Broke,can It Be Fixed??

tatty12

WiiChat Member
May 28, 2007
Hi my nephew managed to hit the remote on to the fire yesterday and now the remote only works to a point.
You can use it to click on things but when you try to use it in a game the swinging action does'nt work.
Can this be fixed.
Thanks
Steve

If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong. :lol:

I wouldn't have high hopes for the repair of your Wiimote. You could always ring Nintendo, they could send you a new one, but they probably won't. I think you'll just have to buy a new one.

Sorry.

Is it obviously damaged? If not is your system under warranty? The worse NIN will say is no. Just state that your wiimote stop working properly. Again the worse they can say is no. Also look at your local store you purchased at.

I'm very sure Big N will send you a new one right away.
Is it a Wiimote from the Wiibundle or a Wiimote that you bought seperatly?
At least you can try it.

well ask nintendo if they will fix it or try to return it to the store u bought it at (if possible) and if not, i would take it apart and mess around with it...since it already doesnt work u might as well open it up and try to do something....

^He isnt stupid if he forgets to tell nintendo that his nephew broke it.

I forgot to tell Nintendo that my DS Stopped working cause it fell out my second story window... & they fixed it for free.

HAHA!!! "You see my DS was minding its own business when it became depressed and jumped!" :aureola: :lol:

I think Nintendo should fix it for you. But if they don't, another remote can always be bought from the shops. They are not as rare as the console itself.

nilsk123 said:
or in other words, your bluetooth shitzle is ****ed but your infrared is intact

actually, the IR data is sent over BT......

It's the accelerometers that are jammed, or broken.

Hit it some more. Might loosen it up. I've seen reports of that working.

Otherwise, call ninty. Tell them the truth. If they don't fix it. Buy a new one for $40

Well had nothing to lose so i did as Brawny said and i hit it again.
And what do you know it works fine now!!!
Cheers Brawny saved me some money.

tatty12 said:
Well had nothing to lose so i did as Brawny said and i hit it again.
And what do you know it works fine now!!!
Cheers Brawny saved me some money.
Haha thats one of my mottos... if you can't get it to work, hit it. And if you don't know what it is, beat it with a stick.

Back