Wii Remote cases ANNOYING!

spoleweski

WiiChat Member
Dec 21, 2006
has anyone got the wii remote cases that are a very tight squeeze on the remote to get on and off. i thought yes i got it on i dont have to take it off again but i have to take it off each time to change batteries, you'd think nintendo would make a slot to lift up or something so you dont have to take the whole cover off which is a pain, i know all of this taking it on and off will eventually break it. i like the cover tho coz it doesnt let the remote get dirty and gives extra grip. i was thinking of cutting a hole in the back for the battery cover myself but i dont want to ruin it. does any1 else find this annoying?

I tried to use the wiimote skin for a little while. It was nice to have a bit extra grip but at the same time i found it difficult to press the -, + and Home buttons, as well as change the battery. I gave up on it and gave the gloves I bought to my sister's boyfriend's little brother. Let him deal with the tiny-ass holes and non-battery-friendlyness

When I saw there is a company coming out with a Power Station to recharge wiimotes I wondered how that will work with gloves/skins. From the pic it seemed like the charge station that held the wiimotes had 2 pins to make contact on the back of the wiimote not the bottom. So maybe gloves wont work with the Power Station thingy.

yea i have the same problem with the gloves not being able to press the + and - there are gloves out there now that have holes for those buttons that go across all of them so it makes them very easy to press i picked up a couple of them and they are way nicer. But where did you find the remote charger? Ive already gone through like 4 sets of batteries and just went to buy some rechargeable ones

goobs333 said:
But where did you find the remote charger? Ive already gone through like 4 sets of batteries and just went to buy some rechargeable ones

Sorry guess I didn't mention it, but it's not available yet, it's going to be a 3rd party product.

Joytech's Wii PowerStation launches on January 26th.

nintendo-wii-joytech-powerstation-battery-packs-charger_1166561007.jpg

Last edited:
i figured it wasnt out yet but that looks pretty desent i guess.

Xanthan said:
When I saw there is a company coming out with a Power Station to recharge wiimotes I wondered how that will work with gloves/skins. From the pic it seemed like the charge station that held the wiimotes had 2 pins to make contact on the back of the wiimote not the bottom. So maybe gloves wont work with the Power Station thingy.

It obviously connects to the bottom, as there are NO CONNECTIONS in the back of the wii remote. That hadn't crossed your mind?!
It's not just gonna charge through the plastic and somehow 'absorb' the electricity!
haha....sorry, that's just an enormously silly post.

Transfixed said:
It obviously connects to the bottom, as there are NO CONNECTIONS in the back of the wii remote. That hadn't crossed your mind?!
It's not just gonna charge through the plastic and somehow 'absorb' the electricity!
haha....sorry, that's just an enormously silly post.

Actually on his behalf, your post is silly! Take another look at the back of the casing in the picture! The new rechargeable batteries will more than likely come with a new battery cover which, go figure, has 2 little notches to charge the battery from the back not the bottom! Sorry... just had to prove you wrong!

That charger thing does look pretty cool, I just hope it allows for the strap, coz looking at that piccy, it might pose a small problem.

I don't fancy removing the strap every time I wanna charge up :)

Having said that, we have used both our remotes every day since christmas, and for about 3 - 4 hours each day, and the batteries are still on 4 lights. So I wonder how often the things would actually need charging.

well i found mine to run out after about 30 to 35 hours, but thats just a guess might have gone close to 45 but still pull an all nighter and there going to be very low so ill probably pick this up if it comes out. you were right looks like it comes with a new cover, very good idea i think. and incase u didn't notice looks to connect directly to the wii via usb in the back, i like that alot.

Last edited:
Back