wii remote -- high pitched noise

togurt

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2009
My wii remote makes a high pitched noise constantly while playing games. It does not make the noise when I'm just at the wii home screen. This is the second remote this has happened with. It is also a different wii than with the first remote I had a problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mine is doing the same thing, anyone out there know how to stop the wireless controller from making a constant buzz. Have tried new batteries, both rechargable and not, have reset it. I still buzzes. Just replace it, right?

High pitch noise from Wii remote

Hi

I have the same thing on two of my controllers.

Symptom: Constant hight pitch noise from the controller, even though the volume is set to lowest.

The games I've tested
Games that are affected: Guitar hero World tour, Guitar hero Metallica
Games that are not affected: Wii sports

Other things that seem to affect this:
Battery brand(!?). Somehow, the effect is different depending on what brand of battery is used (new batteries). Might be because they are not equally charged.

The two other "good" or "standard" controllers I have don't have this noise problem! They are also not affected by type of battery used.

So, what is the difference between these two types of controllers?

Well, the controllers that have the noise problem are bought as "budget" controllers. They are claimed to be manufactured by Nintendo, but for the asian marked only (But I bought them in Europe).

Physical differences:
The budget remotes have a blue sticker with japanese text on the battery lid. In the bottom right corner there is written: RVL-C(J) . Probably meaning that this controller is intended for the Japanese market.
The home button has a light blue symbol on the "good" remotes and a blue symbol on the "budget" remotes. Overall, the print on the "budget" remotes seems clearer and not as smudged on the "good" remotes.

Inside the battery compartment, the sticker on both types read RVL-003, and then there is a row of chinese letters. On the "budget" version, there is an additional row reading "FCC ID:pOO-W45.........."

The shop I bougt also said that these "budget" remotes don't have support for Motion Plus. However, I've not tested this, and found nothing about this searching Google.

Other than these differences, the look and feel in general is the same on both types of controllers.
The strap and silicone cover are exactly the same for both types.

Can anyone else share their experience with this?

Both of my remotes came with the original games purchased at Target. Only one has the noise problem.

Back