Wii remote is funny if i sit down!

wampa

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
Ok here goes will try to explain.

In menu only?

Stand up wii remote fine. Sit down the remote goes loopy very hard to control.

The sensor bar is stuck to the underside of the TV.(sticky tape supplied by nintedo) this is because the 42" Plasma is on the wall, with no shelf below.

nowhere to put the sensor bar apart from the floor. Havent tried but didnt think it would work from there,so stuck it to the underside of the Tv with the sensor bit stuck out.

is this wrong? should it be at the top?do I have to make a shelf?

Just orded a LCD 42"for a different room so will try that out.

The max iam away from the TV is 5 metres.

Any help Please.

i've heard rumors that you dont even need the sensor bar.....all that thing really is is a spy device by nintendo to watch you act all crazy while you play the Wii.....how else do you think they film their commercials?

No nothing. Wood floor. I stand Fine. I sit not good. just thinking its the sensor bar not sure?

The TV surrond is Very Shinny,Glossy.Phillips TV

Last edited:
Are your blinds open? The sensor bar is a stupid device not much can go wrong with it. Usually the problem you describe is either the light from the sensor bar reflecting off something OR another source of light like an open window.

Goto the sensitivity screen and see if there are more than two dots

Ok will do. will LCD- Plasma have an effect?

Just a thought have 3 spotlights in the room and blinds. its dark here now will switch everything off.

Thanks will try

Is the sensor bar put in the right setting?

Is it set on "Under TV"?

That's as far as I can think of.

Have you checked the sensor bar position in the wii menu? Make sure its set to 'bottom' not 'top', unless you move it to the top of the tv then set it to 'top'.

hmmm you say that there are spot lights in the room?

when you sit down, do you move low enough that you are now pointing the remote up at an angle? Maybe when you sit down the remote is sensing something that it doesn't see when you're standing up. having an extra light source in the range would probably confuse it.

Back