Wii remote issue

Amephist

WiiChat Member
Aug 31, 2009
Montevideo - Uruguay
Wii Online Code
2988-5804-2823-8401
Sorry to bring this on, but I could not find the answer anywhere else, nor this forum, other forums, yahoo answers, Nintendo troubleshooting guidelines, etc.

The problem is with the wii remote. I was playing with it as a secondary controller on wii sports and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it could be low on batteries so I exchanged them for the ones in my remote control. It worked just a few seconds and I saw the battery discharging in about 10 seconds before my eyes (from full to nothing and off). I thought that it was really strange, since my wii is 4 days old and I bought that controller 3 days ago. I switched the batteries on my first control to the second (broken one) and nothing happens, home button doesn’t show any sign, not a single led is lit. I put the batteries back on the first control (the 3 pairs just to check) and they all show full charge. So, I guess I can make a list of things I’m sure aren’t happening:

It is not a battery problem (at least it isn't on my batteries)
It is not a sync problem
It is not a wii (main console) problem
It is not a sensor problem

A few minutes ago there were no problems at all, there wasn’t any kind of damage, accidental drop or anything I can blame the problem to.
Any help will be highly appreciated since with an 80 buck budget on controllers every 5 days I will be broke before September is end.

is it a third party controler? not a genuine wiimote?

i've heard of third party controlers chewing up batteries but thats insane :yikes:

It is original

It is original, at least that's what the man who sold me the Wiimote told me. The box and controller are plagued with Nintendo logos and it even has a card for getting something out of club.nintendo.jp (I don’t really know what it is since it is all in Japanese). The Wii (console) is the US one and the faulty controller is Japanese, but that shouldn’t be an issue (at least that’s what Nintendo and people of this forum always said).

Another thing, the batteries are not being depleted on the controller it just makes the animation really fast, medium charge to low charge to red blinking battery to switch off the wiimote in less than 10 seconds. The batteries remain fully charged and if I switch them to the other wiimote they function just fine.

And just another thing I’ve just noticed, if I left the controller without the battery for a long time (about 30 minutes) when I put the batteries on the controller the leds blink about 5 times before switching off and become unresponsive again. This happens all the time but I must wait again to repeat the process.

If it helps I can show you a video of what I see on the wiimote and the full battery replacement (if you have any doubts I can deal with batteries :p )

Did you get a replacement eventually?

I have exactly the same problem now, Wii just purchased 3 days ago. After a few hours of play over 3 days, suddenly not a single LED is lit and remote becomes unresponsive. I thought its battery issue and had tried many pairs of new battery of different brands. When putting in new battery, it will work for some minutes (sometimes just seconds) then the same thing again.

I have taken good care of the remote, no accidental drop etc.

Regretably I'm in Uruguay where there is no Nintendo support whatsoever. I eventually accepted the idea that I had to buy a new controller and the defective one is an expensive but cool paperweight.

I have to bring the remote and console to the shop this weekend. The remote comes "alive" intermittently, and die again after some minutes (could be an hour or two later), and comes alive again the next day. It may be hard to re-produce the problem at the shop within a short time. :frown5:

Back