wii remote nightmare

budlillie

WiiChat Member
Jan 18, 2008
We have had our wii since Christmas and had no problems but....... yesterday one of the remotes went crazy. Yes, I have replaced the batteries and tried reconnection but to no avail. Basically the problem appeared first during wii sports bowling - it would not let me drop the ball other than behind me. Then the cursor has appeared upside down and now the tennis has flipped out! Any ideas?

Hi there

We have exactly the same problem. We also got our Wii for xmas and all has been fine until yesterday.
The remote has gone nuts!
My husband discovered this when playing Tiger Woods golf.
The remote doesn't recognise when he is pointing the controller down - it works in all other capacities so it isn't totally not working.
When we tried bowling, we can bowl, but the bowler just lobs the ball, as opposed to swinging his arm back and forth. The remote simply doesn't recognise when the remote points down towards the ground.

PLEASE HELP. WE ONLY HAVE ONE CONTROLLER SO NOW WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING AND MY SON IS HAVING A FRIEND ROUND TODAY TO PLAY Wii.............

Go to the Wii settings and see if the wiimote recognizes the lights on the sensor bar. If that appears to be the problem, you can change the light sensitivity on the remote.

But I'm just guessing here. It's possible that Nintendo screwed up big time while making new remotes. I suggest you send an e-mail to Nintendo (find a customer support page on the official website) or you can return the remote to the store.

I had the same problem. It ocourse when the wimmote has been hit against something it mucks up the sensor inside. I just knocked it hardly against my hand a few times and it fixed it up.

Back