Wii remote prices Too much?

Yes they cost alot because they have some very complicated and expensive equipment inside them, such as accelerometers.

They are actually a bargain. Many people I know buy them just so they can take them apart and use the motors. :lol:

Anyway, consider the prices of the wireless XBOX 360 controllers and they are not expensive at all.

frummage is right its a bargain its $44 canadian and xbox 360 controllers are like $70 wireless but i guess if you buy a nunchuk to then your payin about the same

Hmm...was thinking about this too. they are quite expensive but nowadays since technology and such is beginning to take over, more and more accessories and consoles and almost a lot of other things are being marked up. Don't know if I should wait for the controllers to be discounted or whatever, but is it worth getting an extra controller or two when I already have two to begin with?

wow thats like $60, but it's wiiplay so I'd guess about $50 for a wiimote, excluding a nun-chuck.

yes it is rather expensive. . . especially in the U.K.

but the controller is the main feature of the wii and it has a lot of stuff in it, like motion censors, and unlike a certain other controller, rumble.

well in australia i payed $70 for the wii remote or $80 for wii remote+wii play nunchuks cost $30 vc remote is $30

wii games:zelda twilight princess,wii play, wii sports, super paper mario and world series poker.

CaTasTRO said:
I wouldnt call them a bargain $60 compared to xbox's $40 wiressless that work flawlessly.

You have to remember that they have much more complicated internals than the XBox 360 controls. It has motion sensors and the like.

New game controllers on the whole have been too expensive for some time. TRU still wants $25 for a wired Gamecube controller.

Family Dollar discount stores stock PS2 and Xbox 3rd party controllers with rumble for $10 each, and Radio Shack has their no-rumble varieties down to $5 now. But no one touches Gamecube stuff.And this gen's controller build and authorization codes make the cheap unlicensed stuff a non-option.

Back