Wii remote prob.

Ollyswii

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2010
Ireland
Hi,

In mario cart or any game, one of my remotes will not operate "side to side" when you move it - so in mario cart, all the remote will do is make the car or cart go in the straight line and the remote will not turn or negotiate bends, no matter what you do with it in your hands.

I have another remote and it works perfectly so it leads me to the conclusion that its the remote thats the issue.
I've tried to re-sync it, took out the batteries, piut fresh one's in etc.....

anything i'm missing?
Any tips please?

Thanks,

O:wiiconsole:

1 of mine is having that same prob. Taking out the batteries an putting back in fixes it 4 me. But only 4 a few minutes. If I find out how 2 fix it i'll let you nknow.

1 of mine is having that same prob. Taking out the batteries an putting back in fixes it 4 me. But only 4 a few minutes. If I find out how 2 fix it i'll let you nknow.

thanks, I've tried taking out the batteries too, but it does not clear the issue. I've tried re-synch too, no good.

Really fustrating.........

Yeah I know. It could be that the remote is going out. Not sure but if I find out how to fix I'll let you know.

thanks........and I'll do the same. I've send an email to nintendo themselves to see if they can offer some advice.

Got a reply from Nintendo -

Hold the controller horizontal with the button facing you and bang it down on a flat surface three times. This should re-locate the accelerometer. Just re sync the controller and all should be well.

IT WORKED!

Happy days :)

Back