Wii Remote Problem

ash53183

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
Hi Everyone!
I just got my Wii a few days ago and I absolutly love it!

I need some help though...I was playing Wii sports today went to exit out and go to create a new mii, I got to the Wii Main Menu and my remote stoped working. LED lights are flashing but it doesn't work.. it was working just minutes before.. Any ideas or suggestions? I am a bit frustrated:smilewinkgrin:

if the motion sensing stops working like it did on mine, what I had to do was turn it upside down and whack it. It worked.

Nintendo FAQ on the subject:

If you're having trouble getting your Wii Remotes synced to your Wii Console, or your Wii Remotes were synced previously and now the blue lights on your Wii Remote just flash and nothing happens, try the following.
  • First, make sure you have a fresh set of batteries. As the battery life depletes, the Wii Remote may begin to experience issues syncing properly.
  • Take the batteries out of your Wii Remote and wait one minute. Reinsert the batteries.
  • Turn on your Wii and wait until the Health and Safety Screen appears. (Don't press the A button.)
  • Now, press and hold the SYNC button on your Wii console for 15 seconds. This will delete all synced remotes from the system.
  • Now, re-sync your remotes one at a time. Open up the battery cover of your Wii Remote, push the red SYNC button inside, and then push the SYNC button on your Wii Console. Repeat this once for each controller.
  • If you're still experiencing issues, try to eliminate any wireless interference between the Wii Console and your playing area. Items such as cordless phones, microwaves, and other wireless items can prevent the Wii Remote from communicating effectively with the Wii Console.

Hi , i have just got the same problem with mine where one minute we were using it and then the next its stopped doing anything except flashing the 4 led ligths on the remote.

Have tried to sync the remote to the wii following the nintendo instructions with no succsse.

Can anyone help?:wtf:

vippymini said:
Hi , i have just got the same problem with mine where one minute we were using it and then the next its stopped doing anything except flashing the 4 led ligths on the remote.

Have tried to sync the remote to the wii following the nintendo instructions with no succsse.

Can anyone help?:wtf:

I've been having the exact same problem, I tried re-syncing it and nothin happens and then just out of the blue it starts working again! :mad2: :idea:

turn console off so the led light shows red not orange this worked for me, if this fails try unplugging it

Back