Wii remote rechargeable?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Just wondering if anyone know anything about the batteries for wireless wii remote?
I cant seem to find any info on it and wondered if they use some kind of rechargeable battery pack or if they use 2x AA batts?

rechargable would be nice, maybe there is a docking station or something that holds all four wiimotes....with the battery life nintendo gets out of a gameboy nowadays the wiimote would last for weeks between charges

then again my wavebird lasts a long time on a set of batteries as long as it gets turned off when not in use...

so either way is good for me

I have not heard anything either but I would have to say that I think they would be rechargable becasue that would make them the most practical.

I'd like it to be rechargeable or perhaps let us have an option of plugging it in (it'd have to be long) or use it wirelessly to play.

Batteries on a controller would be annoying though, I keep having to change my wireless mouse every 2 weeks.

I believe the Wiimote takes a standard AA battery. Another option would be to buy rechargable AA batteries.

Last edited:
^-- rechargable batteries, good investment

evil panda: you may want to get your mouse checked out or something, my wireless one used to last like 6 months

LOL Nintendo is known to having us wait and that's genuis. You figure the less we know about something makes us all the more interested in knowning what it is and how it works.

Last edited:
I've seen somewhere i don't remember the site...but i've seen a rechargeable stand some where for the wiimote...i think the best thing for Nintendo would be to do it rechargeable with a Ion battery like on the ds and the sp...

Beerbat said:
I've seen somewhere i don't remember the site...but i've seen a rechargeable stand some where for the wiimote...i think the best thing for Nintendo would be to do it rechargeable with a Ion battery like on the ds and the sp...

Asolutely agree. It would be real annoying and cost heavy to not give you a rechargeable battery.

Last edited:
I just hope the gimmicks don't take over my room. I mean, they made a great looking platform, very simple and small... but are they leaving alot of stuff out for the style of the system, or just forgot to add it and thought about this stuff later on?

I mean, okay the motion sensing bar is understandable for the best possible performance placed on the tv, but now the game cube ports require the top up on the system, and there might be a charger for the remotes, or we'll have to change them/charge them manually?! I hope this all comes together.

from gamespot at e3:

Though Nintendo still considered the units we were using to be prototypes, we reckon they gave a pretty good sense of the unit's heft. The controllers we had in our hands at the Tokyo Game Show were wired and weighed almost nothing. The wireless prototypes have a decent heft to them now, though. They use AA batteries, which will further add to the weight. At the moment, the main controller feels about as heavy as a Nintendo DS. The nunchaku weighs about as much as a cell phone. Holding both units in either hand feels fine, and the buttons are easy to reach.

Looks like those who want a rechargable wiimote will have to turn to duracell or energizer :(

Beerbat said:
I hope it is rechargable. I'm sure there will be some sort of unofficial one if it isn't, it just depends on how reliable it would be!

Back