Wii remote seems broken!!

Wiiaretheworld

Wii Power User
Nov 24, 2006
NYC
My wiimote stopped working!! It wont respond at all. When I press a button, the blue lights flash on the bottom but nothing happens. Anyone know whats wrong? please help.....

Also is the remote synched with the Wii ? Might be worth trying to resynch it anyway?

Mine did the same thing --- I had to replace batteries AND resync to the console itself. Give it a shot...if not at least replace batteries then try resyncing.

To resync, open up the SD slot panel you will find a red button, on the wii remote inside the battery panel there is a little white button in the corner. Hit the little white button then the red one on the console. If your batteries aren't low it should work. Otherwise interference is present or your wii or wii remote must be faulty.

I took the advice from someone here... I unplugged the power supply from the Wii for 5 seconds and plugged it back in. That resynched the wiimote. Works fine now. Thanks for your help everyone!

Wiiaretheworld said:
I took the advice from someone here... I unplugged the power supply from the Wii for 5 seconds and plugged it back in. That resynched the wiimote. Works fine now. Thanks for your help everyone!

No problem, glad you got it resolved.

This same problem happened to me the first time I synch'ed a third wiimote. The three of us each had our own hand pointer on the screen and could move them for a few seconds, then the system locked up and each wiimote did as you're describing. We had to shut it down twice and resynch each wiimote twice each before they all worked together. No problems since. *shrug*

oh yeah I get the same problem every now and then....all I do is dissconect the power block cord on the back of my wii and take out the batteries...wait a few moments and then reconnect everything and put batteries back in the wii mote and resync the controller

i had the same problem all i did was turn my wii off until the led light went red signalling wiiconnect24 was off and turn it back on it worked fine if that fails just turn mains off at plug and unplug then reconnect it, it should be fine :cornut:

Back