Wii repair question

ggazoo

WiiChat Member
Aug 24, 2007
I've had my Wii for less than a week, and everything was working great. Up until Monday, I only had Wii Sports, and I played it without a problem. I downloaded some VC games, and everything was fine.

Then I bought Twilight Princess, put it in and boom... disc read error. I bought it brand new, so I didn't even think to check the disc. I ejected it, took a look, and it was pretty dirty - and it was a sealed disc!

Just to make sure that it wasn't my console, I put in Wii Sports again... and I get another error. I call Nintendo Customer Service, and they say that my console is damaged, and I have to send it in. It makes me wonder if TP caused the error. I did actually put Wii Sports in upside down once - but I just got a "can't read disc" error, and everything was fine. I also had WiiConnect 24 on.. so maybe it overheated? The console didn't really feel warm though.

Anyway, my question is, for those who have had their consoles repaired, have you had any more problems with it? I've heard that Nintendo may send me a refurbished system if they can't fix mine, which makes me a little leary too. I'd rather just have a new one.

And what happens to your Virtual Console games and Wii points? I've heard conflicting stories about them being saved during repair, to people losing everything when they get their consoles back.

What's been your experience with the repair centre?

hmm...never happened to me before i had my wii for almost a year now....:lol:.....lucky i got 2 warrantys on it

Well I droped my Wii and had to send it in for repair, It worked fine but there were a few small scratches that drove me crazy, It cost me 150 dollars to fix some scratches but when u call Nintendo and go to the launage you asked for. just press 0 and wait. They don't tell you that pressing 0 will put you on the waiting list but it works. They realy do help you fix your Wii and if you have a email address all the better. They send you reports and set up temperary accounts. My wii is perfect and scratch free now. But i would send it in and explain that Twilight Princess did it and that you want in covered my warrenty and that you believe you shouldn't pay =)

That error happened to me all the time when I first bought the wii. It happened to my wii sports and brand new mario party 8 so I returned it back to the store though for a new one so thats how I fixed my problem. I returned it within three days though.

zurukea said:
Well I droped my Wii and had to send it in for repair, It worked fine but there were a few small scratches that drove me crazy, It cost me 150 dollars to fix some scratches but when u call Nintendo and go to the launage you asked for. just press 0 and wait. They don't tell you that pressing 0 will put you on the waiting list but it works. They realy do help you fix your Wii and if you have a email address all the better. They send you reports and set up temperary accounts. My wii is perfect and scratch free now. But i would send it in and explain that Twilight Princess did it and that you want in covered my warrenty and that you believe you shouldn't pay =)

You paid 150 bux to get some new plastics on your Wii. WOW :yikes:

You really must love it.

Back