Wii Resort golf vs. Wii Sports golf

STRAD

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2010
PA US
Even though Wii Resort is newer and more acurate, I hate the golfing in it. Wii sports golfing was way better in my opinion. You can tell a big diforance in the felling of the swing and what happends on the sceen. But frisby golf makes up for it. What does everyone else think?

well its a bit harder for noobs.

what i didnt like was having to calibrate my position with the b button everytime i was ready to swing.

With Sports there is no semi-controllable draw and fade as there is in Resort. With Sports there is only one strategy for shots to the green and that is bump and run.

I say semi-controllable draw and fade because you can take practice swings trying to tune draw or fade, then push A and more than a few times you'll hit it dead straight. But hey, that's like golf. Given that as a possibility, I generally hit only straight shots to a green, and account for wind by shot direction. When I can see that this might be a problem I try to set my drives up so I don't have to draw or fade to a green. Sometimes its just unavoidable like on 7 Classic with a 30 mph cross wind.

You have a greater club selection with Resort, which helps on accuracy.

These kinds of decisions were less a part of Sports.

The extra degrees of freedom of club selection and drawing and fading make Resort more enjoyable.

The AI on pin location is frustrating. When you eagle Resort 1, it puts the pin just behind the front knob on the left hand side of the green of Resort 2. As your level increases, it throws more wind and different pin locations. Classic 8 is more like miniature golf than was 8 in Sports. It is the least realistic hole of the bunch, and for me is the killer. I'll birdie it about 1 in four times. The saving aspect is that I can eagle 18 about 1 out of 2. I've gotten to 2500 level by hitting + at the end of a round that would subtract, but I wouldn't keep it if I didn't do that. I can keep 2350 by counting every round.

Back