Wii RGB SCART Lead

The-Monk

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2007
Hereford UK
Wii Online Code
7593-1202-0926-1570
Hi there. I have ordered a official Wii RGB SCART cable. I havn't got it yet but I have a question. Is there anyone else out there using one of these and how much does it improve the picture quality?

14969.jpg

Hi, I'm using one.

The picture quality is noticeably better than the composite cable that comes with the Wii.

Also a nice feature is that if your TV is turned on before you turn the Wii on, when you do turn the Wii on, it switches the TV over to the right channel and stuff.

You have made the right decision :)

Glad to hear that. Just wish the damn cable would hurry up and get delivered! :nonod:

Hmm interesting. so better quality of image then the free wires are.. i might get.

I think the Scart Lead is Absolutely superb. I hear the Component Cable on an HDTV makes game look jagged and the Scart lead certainly eliminates all pixelisations on my TV.

However a lot of HDTVs are pixellated like buggery from my experience.

scart?

I am in the uk and mine came boxed with a adaptor for scart so i merely plugged the yellow, white and red plugs into the adaptor and away i went.....is this any different?

Yeah very different. The one you have just takes a composite video signal (yellow plug) and left and right audio (red & white plugs) and converts them to fit in a SCART type socket.

The "real" SCART lead is hard-wired (no phono plugs) and lets the console take direct control of the independant red, green and blue video signals resulting in a much clearer, richer and sharper image. Plus, as I said earlier, you get auto channel control built in.

Go and get one :)

Just connected the new RGB SCART cable and I dont think I notice much of a difference. Maybe its a little brighter I guess. Maybe I need to play more to notice it.

Check your TV to make sure it's plugged into the RGB Scart socket, it might be plugged into the SVideo Scart socket instead.

Mine makes a hell of a difference if I plug it into the wrong one.

I got it plugged into the right socket. I set the TV to RGB input mode and the Wii screen comes up. I just loaded Zelda after trying Red Steel and I belive the picture quality is actualy better. Quickly started a new game and noticed the Forests at the start look a lot greener. I guess thats a good sign.

Yeah that sounds better, but your TV should automatically switch to the right AV channel if you turn it on before turning on the Wii if it a fully wired Scart.

The only reason I mentioned it is because there are 2 types of Scart inputs on TV's , RGB and SVideo. Mine looks cool on RGB and crap on SVideo.

Back