Wii RPGs. Or lack thereof.

iOwnage

Confiscation of the Mind
Oct 21, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
8957-2822-1883-9918
I'm a big fan of RPG games and I haven't been noticing to many for Wii.
Am just not looking hard enough? If you know of any that are good please tell.

The new Fire Emblem! Nintendo Power gave it a 9.5. It's played by holding the Wii Remote sideways, classic style. Looks awesome.

No, there's an almost complete lack in RPGs. The only ones I can think of are Super Paper Mario and Fire Emblem 10. Next year, we'll see more (Opoona, ToS2, DQ Swords among others).

I am anxiously awaiting a great turn based rpg for the wii, I hate turn based strategy. I was never into FFT or anything like except for one game. Vandal Hearts. That game was so great it scarred me from any other tbs. But like I said the lack of rpgs for the wii is dissapointing.

You would figure some company would jump right on it with the lack of. Being a pioneer would greatly boost their chances of success. I wanna see someone do with rpgs what konami did for them with Suikoden

is there a final fantasy game coming out or something? and i know paper mario is technically an RPG but i wouldnt count it as one..just because when you think of RPG you usually think of swords, magic, etc.

I think a new crystal chronicles is in store for the wii soon

Crystal Chronicles is gonna be fun but from what I read its gonna play like kingdom hearts, which is cool and all but im severely craving a good turn based rpg. I saw that blue dragon for xbox 360 and it almost sold the system for me right there. It made me want one but it can wait till im in a better financial situation. RPGs are the sole reason I ever because a sony fanboy. When ps3 shows promise with rpgs Ill be getting one of them. But for now im happy with my wii.

Turn Based IMO all suck. I need to make a game like Zelda into a RPG game. A real RPG game. Not turn-base and not Adventure. You need to be able to level up, find items, do quests, etc. But Wii has yet to do that.

there is a lack atm. but don worry. next year we will be seeing the likes of:

Monster Hunter 3
Fragile: Farewell ruins of the moon
FF: chrystal chronicles
Sword of legendia (tales of legendia sequel)
Fire Embelm

those are just ones of the top of my head. dont forget about the next Zelda game. theres plenty to keep us RPG guys happy.

And if your a life sim fan like me, try the following:

mysims
animal crossing wii
harvest moon wii
other sims games (count on alot of them lol)

Tos 2 is that coming to north america have they confirmed it or no?

I was having high hopes for Monster Hunter 3 once I saw it. But its previous titles has had some bad reviews around the 5's. So we'll see when it comes out.

i bought an xbox 360 just recently purely because of the amount of RPGs available for the 360 compared to the lack on the Wii

I suggest you get Oblivion and Mass Effect for sure for your 360. But, DO NOT GET TWO WORLDS. That games is so ****ed up you will regret every second of it. Even the fans of the game recommend you DONT buy it.

Back