Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Rumors V2.0

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Muhammad_A_Wii, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Muhammad_A_Wii

Muhammad_A_Wii Muhammad_A_Wii

Wii Rumors

According to reports, a Nintendo executive accidentally let slip that the Wii graphics processor (GPU) is actually capable of doing full HD. Although Nintendo aren't interested in pursuing HD at the moment, if this is true perhaps the Wii will see hi-def games in a few years when HD has a stronger user base.

An Irish website (I'm dubious already ^_^) is claiming that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon will be the first 3rd party game to make full use of the Wii's online capabilities. Here's hoping.

An unconfirmed rumor exists that Nintendo are now working on a wireless nunchuk. This stems from some complaints that the wire restricts movement in games like Boxing (a part of Wii Sports).

Rumors from an official source in Japan suggest that a sequel to Wii Sports could be on the way. Said to include varied sports like tennis, hockey, volleyball, swimming and horse riding it's supposedly full of new and revised gameplay features. Most interestingly, the rumor also claims it will have online play so you can face off against other sports fans.

A rumor has started that Nintendo are looking into ways of making wiimotes suitable for leg use. This would likely work by some kind of strapping mechanism. Image the possibilities. Football! Dancing! Err... long jump?

A rumor is out that the Wii is graphically a lot more powerful than we've been led to believe. It's been said that Nintendo have been playing us for fools the whole time, showing us demos with substantially crippled graphics compared to the Wii's true capabilities. Why would they do this? To create a sense of wonder and surprise at the next press event which takes place on September 14th in New York. Watch this space!

Word is out that the wiimote can't aim properly at certain angles when halogen lighting is used in the room. As halogen lights get more common in our homes it could put a dent in the Wii's popularity. If this rumor is true hopefully Nintendo can solve it before launch. The alternative of course is to play without the lights on. Night tennis anyone?

2. ottoman

ottoman Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1156-6661-4692-6561
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    now thats a good thread. well done, i never knew some of th stuff on there, thanks!

3. GhOsT55

GhOsT55 PC Gamer

Im surprised that no one has replied yet:wtf:

Anways. thats some sick news. I am really hoping that they dont come out with an entirly new Wii when the colors come out.

With the wireless numchuks? i dont find any need for them.

You got some kool stuff here.

good find

4. Stano

Stano WiiChat Member

Hopefully the graphics rumours are true, will have too wait and see though....

5. ilovemywii

ilovemywii WiiChats Offical Druggie

Wii Friend Code: 8002-1759-8157-9828
    8002-1759-8157-9828
    haha too bad there all rumours =[

6. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

nice bit of info there. keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

7. sagema

sagema 3D Artist

Wii Friend Code: 4496-9128-1304-3457
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    As I said many times before. All 3 systems have hard drives. This allows them to do more with the systems. You also have to factor in these game systems have more in common with computers. I heard the 360 will eventually launch a new processor that will make it more powerful than cell. You can buy a new 360 or pay $50 for the upgrade. Launch date for the chip is 2008. It also supposed to make the 360 cheaper to produce.

8. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve WiiChat Member

9. GaryT85

GaryT85 Super Gario

imagine when the real tennis games come out, if you have to keep the nun chuck and the remote so close to each other (with the wire length) then so mnay people are gonna damage the connection by pulling them apart..

also boxing was mentioned..

i think something like project hammer or red steel to an extent could make for some interesting fighting moves/gameplay, just an idea though

10. Rebelj12a

Rebelj12a Samurai

Wii Friend Code: 8378-9431-6272-0002
    8378-9431-6272-0002
    ahh yes but there will always be limitations... no system is perfect... regardless wii definitely comes close....

that leg strap rumor is interesting... i had an idea in a previous post a while back that guitar hero 3 (should it come out for wii) should have wrist straps along with a wireless guitar, because then you could make moves and use moves to multiply your point count... ie. behind your head, behind your back... and your movements with your hands would show in the onscreen character... pair that with leg straps and you could get some cool power moves and point multipliers.... play with your feet or something equally crazy...

wireless numchuck sounds good on paper... but then they are also going to cost more simply because they need to wireless technology crammed in there along with a AAA battery or something...

11. Muhammad_A_Wii

Muhammad_A_Wii Muhammad_A_Wii

yeah the people who own guitar hero have not sat down with Nintendo yet about releasing the game on Wii :( Too bad for all the Jimi Hendrix wanna b's out thurr

12. coleman

coleman WiiChat Member

Please let the rumor for MK: Armageddon online play be true!

*crosses fingers*

13. ericlewis91

ericlewis91 im McLovin

Wii Friend Code: 6031-8713-1077-8188
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    yeah wiisports 2 seems 100% perfect with me!

14. tarheelsuperman

tarheelsuperman ...it gonna be zoppity

Nice post. Some good things to think about even if they are only rumors.

15. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

some of those are common since...
    but this paticular part made me lol
    and the last one is just so old, did you even re-read what you wrote or googled and copied and pasted?

16. Toastie

Toastie WiiChat Member

they are all copy pasted from Here

there are more there as well check em out, they also have a little 'true' or 'false' symbol for ones that have been found to be so.

17. UKResist

UKResist Gabba 4 Life

Its just a romour, Sorry But Nindendo aint gonna Pull out Hd graphic for just 179 quid.

Current games just cripple the graphics. I noticed on 2games the the graphic is workin reali reali hard, like red steel there is a ded sticky patch in that, thats jst bout 2mins, 1 on splintercell last level.
    The processor aint even fast enough to push hd games.

Wireless Nunchuks. My god wot it the point in that, just means more battery We have to keep buyin. Not as if im intrested jsut over batterys but i have never came across the problem witht the cable tbh.
    Just means theres some clowns out there that swing the arms all over the place.
    I think personally the wii is Ok in every way that i can think of, Cheap & simple.

Strap on devices to put it on ya leg, Well Fcuk if im tryin that Talk about lookin like a right Penis. its just gonna cause more accidents isint it.

Nintendo isint playin us like fools.

ITs all Rumors.

18. JerrodDRagon

JerrodDRagon Wii New and Reviews

Wii Friend Code: 8369-4137-0402-8056
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    I want Wireless Classic Controllers. The rest sounds good to me,

19. csiguy4u

csiguy4u WiiMaster

Your post is trash since you have no sources or proof. Thanks for spamming Wiichat!

20. JCpackers05

JCpackers05 NiNtEnDoFrEakJMC

the last two are from before launch, and the graphics thing was said twice, but im pretty sure Nintendo put to rest the graphics rumor by stating that the demos shown were the real graphics...im not sure i thought i heard it somewhere. I personally think that a wireless nunchuck would be pretty sweet, idk why i just think the wire gets in the way at times.