Wii scratching easily?

Times_Champion

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
I got my Wii for chrimbo and I'm delighted with it, so far playing for about 8 hours with zelda, Red Steel, Wii play and with the wife and her family on Wii sports. I have also downloaded Donkey Kong Country and Alien Crush. One thing bothers me though - I have moved the console to different rooms and carrie dit in a bag to my wifes family on xmas day, and I have noticed today quite a few little scratches on the console itself, in the enamal-like finish of the console; is this common? Does the console scratch easily because of the shiny plastic used? I havent mistreated it in any way...

no, I dont have any scratches on my wii....I wouldnt worry, are they noticeable...if so blame a family member lol

They arent noticable really but are definately scratches, you can feel them. When I started looking though I saw loads all over the console. Try looking carefully and see if you can see any.

The cats not gettin any attention. I can just see it now coming up to the Wii, it's claws coming out all of a sudden and then swoosh! You walk in with the cat next to the Wii, looks fine but you walk up to the Wii and it slides apart :lol:!

Last edited:
Ah well, maybe it happened when I carried it in a bag with a couple of games then, if so then the finish does scratch very easily so watch out!

I dont knopw why mine is like it is then, I've just chesked it again and it has 3 or 4 straight line scratches and LOADS of little squigly ones on bot the top and bottom of it (if horizontal) They arent noticable unless you look in the like but I wonder hy they are there?

Well all i can say.. It maybe was all-ready like it when you purchased it..

I know this might sound bizarre but was it untamperred with when purchased.

I know some stores will actually take the consoles out of the box to store in a game store, then put it back in when purchased. (You usually don't notice them doing this). The same with Games.

Or It was Like it from Nintendo. :mad2:

i checked mine just now and now scratches i have brought it to friends house and my grandmothers house in a carrying case and no scratches maybe something was in the bag you carried it in

i have little scratches on mine and i have nerer took it any were so dose my cousins so i think it is just because its so shiny

Back