Wii screwed up!

elmo_999

Wii launch Owner
Nov 28, 2006
BC (go nucks and lions)
I was playing red steel and my screen froze, a loud high-pitched humming noise started yelling at me and so i removed both of the cables at the back and put 'em back in i was at the menu and it was fine.

-has this happened to anyone?
-do you think it's my wii?
-do you think it's the game?

-FEEDBACK PLZ!

There was a video of this happening on an unfinished wii during a game of Madden. I don't think I ever heard of what the problem was though.

I'm not saying your dumb but its possible. Well maybe your disk had a little smudge/glitch. I hope it doesnt happen again!

EDIT: Redsteel is a good game guys, it just takes a while to get used to the controlls. . .

Scuba Kid said:
There was a video of this happening on an unfinished wii during a game of Madden. I don't think I ever heard of what the problem was though.

i think a cord was loose somehow or maybe i'll clean the disc.
My wii sports wasn't working earlier because that paper case scratched it up and it works fine now.

My Wii has frozen once so far. It was while my wife was playing Excite Truck. I think it is a software problem and not a problem with the console. She was kicking major ass and the screen started tearing....I'm guessing the Wii couldn't handle the ass kicking it was taking from a non-computer opponent and decided to sabotage her attempt at an S rating on that particular course at that particular time.

My Wii has frozen 1 time. This was earlier today while loading Wii sports. After I 'A' at one point it went to black screen not to return. I held the power button down and the Wii turned off. Turned it back on and played with no problem.

I would not suggest simply unplugging the power cords from the back at any time. This frys Computer power supplys and possibly other parts (rare but it happens) so I have to assume it would do the same to the Wii, which is nothing but a small computer with propriatary software, hardware and input devices. So yeah, dont risk it. If you are frozen just hold the power button for a few seconds to shut down. Then restart as normal.

-Bobby

me too... hold the power button in though

is it not common sense that pulling cords is a back-up?

StevenNevets said:
me too... hold the power button in though

is it not common sense that pulling cords is a back-up?

More of a last resort.

I work internet tech support..... sadlly its the first thing people do when they want to turn off the computer and cant get to the start button. Even worse some people do this on a daily basis "I just thought it was an easy way to turn it off"

-Bobby

well i pressed the power button but it didn't work (i may not of held it for long enough?) and in the wii booklet that comes with it, it says "to remove av cable and plug back in and start up in 5 minutes" or somthin like that. and it's good to know that it's not only me and thnx for the feedback!

Back