Wii - SD Card question

tlraman

WiiChat Member
Jul 26, 2010
Melbourne
hi there

I am new to WII and have a couple of questions.

I live in Australia and got a WII console from US. Problem is I cannot play games purchased in AUstralia. Question I have is

1. Can I purchase and download WII games online?
2. If so can I copy them to my SD card and play them via the card.

It will be great if someone can answer to my questions. Thanks

what you can do is purchuse games from the us and have them shiped to your place but it's going to be prity pricey what i would do if i where you is ship the wii back to the us get a refund and buy a wii form around localy or by one from ero-asia and then buy games localy and should work if i where you google that problom mabey youll find sololuchons im sorry but im a horable speller

Last edited:
I believe that if you have the Wii region set to 'USA' then you will be able to download North American VC and WiiWare games even though you are in Australia. You can download them to the SD card and play them off there (although you have to have enough space in the Wii's memory as it actually 'launches' them from the SD rather than directly playing them).

As for buying games, I would suggest looking on Ebay. You should be able to find some cheap North American games that won't cost you an arm and a leg in shipping. For new releases you might have to import which would cost a bit more.

The other option would be to have the Wii 'modded' so that it could play PAL discs, but I don't know much about that and you run the risk of totally bricking your Wii.

Back