Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Sensor Bar Tricks

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by BAD MILK, Nov 24, 2006.

1. BAD MILK

BAD MILK WiiChat Member

Today.. I started to play my Nintendo Wii. I have had it for about week now . And I am starting to find some cool stupid tricks that I can do with the sensor bar. First things first - This Christmas is going to be funny when people open their Wii's and start to play it next to there lit up christmas tree's. The Wiimote picks up every light the tree has on it. So the tree has to be unplugged or else you arm motions will be all off. If you want to try this out. Go to the sensor sensitivity screen and aim the Wiimote at you Christmas tree. I can get up to 12 dots!

Another stupid trick that you can do with your Wii Sensor Bar is to splice the line connected to it and connect a battery pack and pretty much make it wireless yourself. I found this out the hard way. My cat chewed the sensor line in half. So I needed a quick fix. I visited the local Radio Shack and got all i need for under 10 bucks.

The last stupid trick is the "My sensor Bar is completely dead!! I need to navigate the Wii Menu to play Gamecube games!!!" trick. Get two tv remotes and hit any button on both controllers at the same time. Get you Wiimote and aim at the two remote sensors. You should be able to navigate the Wii menu. Temp fix but it will hold you down until you get the new sensor bar.

Enjoy these stupid tricks

Attached Files:

2. Kazz

Kazz Hardware Modding Freak

that battery up to the sensor bar. bad idea. thast probably waayyy too much power going into that sensor bar.

3. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

I'm going to try that Christmas tree thing. My Wii will be right beside my Christmas tree.

4. lynn

lynn WiiChat Member

Good golly. Just got my Wii today and the cat did the same thing. I managed just to split the wires and twist them around again.

Glad my cat isn't the only on to chomp the sensor.

5. tuned

tuned 11.19.06

I had a guy come into my local crappy tire, asking me what took we would have that could open the sensor bar as his cat ate through the wire too. Any of you from Hamilton Ontario? :lol:

6. Kazz

Kazz Hardware Modding Freak

tuned... i know your canadian, but... your english is so bad, i think someone who cant even understand 1 word of french could put the french translation to better use than what u just said... lol

7. Mmy

Mmy Coin-Operated Boy

Wii Friend Code: 1189-5997-8838-3786
    1189-5997-8838-3786
    Quoted for truth.

I like the remote idea, gotta try that out.

8. BAD MILK

BAD MILK WiiChat Member

Oh, im sorry ms. Kazz. IZ OFGET TO DUE MY HOMwurk!! Thats funny considering we both live in the same state. If anything your more canadian then I am. Living in scummy, Ghetto , Albany...The only googd thing about up state NY is SUNNY schools. And that we being nice.

9. BAD MILK

BAD MILK WiiChat Member

Jsut order a new Sensor bar.. I got mine is less then two days. On warrenty.

10. Haz

Haz Nintendo Encyclopedia

How is any of this a trick? It's already been posted here how the sensor bar works and how to make a home made one.

Also, how the heck are you claiming under warranty if your cat chewed the wire? Warranty covers defective hardware componenets, not human/animal fault.

11. pizzaluvr

pizzaluvr world crown chimpokomastr

he most likely just said it came like that

12. csayers666

csayers666 WiiChat Member

If my cat chews through my wires, i'll chew through her with a moving vehicle

13. ABC

ABC Banned

Wii Friend Code: 1929-2278-1848-3419
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Just a quick question about that wireless sensor bar mock-up. How the hell does the Wii realize the bar is connected if you have it connected to a battery?

14. Rajveer

Rajveer WiiChat Member

LOL! :-D

15. Haz

Haz Nintendo Encyclopedia

No information is sent along the cable between the sensor bar and the wii. Everything is handled from the wiimote and wii itself via bluetooth.

16. ABC

ABC Banned

1929-2278-1848-3419
    Hmm, that's what I figured. So the wire going between the Wii and the sensor bar is for power purposes only? That is interesting.

What other purpose does it serve then? I mean, if the sensor bar isn't sending any information to the Wii, how does the Wii know when the Wiimote is centered, etc etc?

17. xpirate77

xpirate77 Wiiiiii

yea i dont understand it either

18. Evi1d33d

Evi1d33d CheapAssGamer

The Wii-mote does all the position calculation by itself and then sent its position to the Wii. I think the Wii-mote handles all the hard work so Wii doesn't have to. The sensor bar just lights that tells where the Wii-mote is pointing at, if the Wii-motes sees the lights in the middle then it thinks you are pointing at the TV.

For the sensor bar mod picture, are you sure it's real? It doesn't look like the sensor bar is connected to the battery and if its connected you should see lights on the ends of the sensor bar. The lights can only be seen with cameras or special sensors.

19. ABC

ABC Banned

1929-2278-1848-3419
  20. Evi1d33d

Evi1d33d CheapAssGamer