Wii Sensor Bar Tricks

BAD MILK

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Today.. I started to play my Nintendo Wii. I have had it for about week now . And I am starting to find some cool stupid tricks that I can do with the sensor bar. First things first - This Christmas is going to be funny when people open their Wii's and start to play it next to there lit up christmas tree's. The Wiimote picks up every light the tree has on it. So the tree has to be unplugged or else you arm motions will be all off. If you want to try this out. Go to the sensor sensitivity screen and aim the Wiimote at you Christmas tree. I can get up to 12 dots!

Another stupid trick that you can do with your Wii Sensor Bar is to splice the line connected to it and connect a battery pack and pretty much make it wireless yourself. I found this out the hard way. My cat chewed the sensor line in half. So I needed a quick fix. I visited the local Radio Shack and got all i need for under 10 bucks.

The last stupid trick is the "My sensor Bar is completely dead!! I need to navigate the Wii Menu to play Gamecube games!!!" trick. Get two tv remotes and hit any button on both controllers at the same time. Get you Wiimote and aim at the two remote sensors. You should be able to navigate the Wii menu. Temp fix but it will hold you down until you get the new sensor bar.

Enjoy these stupid tricks

Attachments

• 100_5673.jpg
    100_5673.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 2,988
Good golly. Just got my Wii today and the cat did the same thing. I managed just to split the wires and twist them around again.

Glad my cat isn't the only on to chomp the sensor.

I had a guy come into my local crappy tire, asking me what took we would have that could open the sensor bar as his cat ate through the wire too. Any of you from Hamilton Ontario? :lol:

tuned... i know your canadian, but... your english is so bad, i think someone who cant even understand 1 word of french could put the french translation to better use than what u just said... lol

Kazz said:
tuned... i know your canadian, but... your english is so bad, i think someone who cant even understand 1 word of french could put the french translation to better use than what u just said... lol

Quoted for truth.

I like the remote idea, gotta try that out.

Oh, im sorry ms. Kazz. IZ OFGET TO DUE MY HOMwurk!! Thats funny considering we both live in the same state. If anything your more canadian then I am. Living in scummy, Ghetto , Albany...The only googd thing about up state NY is SUNNY schools. And that we being nice.

Jsut order a new Sensor bar.. I got mine is less then two days. On warrenty.

How is any of this a trick? It's already been posted here how the sensor bar works and how to make a home made one.

Also, how the heck are you claiming under warranty if your cat chewed the wire? Warranty covers defective hardware componenets, not human/animal fault.

Just a quick question about that wireless sensor bar mock-up. How the hell does the Wii realize the bar is connected if you have it connected to a battery?

ABC said:
Just a quick question about that wireless sensor bar mock-up. How the hell does the Wii realize the bar is connected if you have it connected to a battery?

No information is sent along the cable between the sensor bar and the wii. Everything is handled from the wiimote and wii itself via bluetooth.

Back