Wii Sensor Bar Tricks

Haz said:
No information is sent along the cable between the sensor bar and the wii. Everything is handled from the wiimote and wii itself via bluetooth.

Hmm, that's what I figured. So the wire going between the Wii and the sensor bar is for power purposes only? That is interesting.

What other purpose does it serve then? I mean, if the sensor bar isn't sending any information to the Wii, how does the Wii know when the Wiimote is centered, etc etc?

The Wii-mote does all the position calculation by itself and then sent its position to the Wii. I think the Wii-mote handles all the hard work so Wii doesn't have to. The sensor bar just lights that tells where the Wii-mote is pointing at, if the Wii-motes sees the lights in the middle then it thinks you are pointing at the TV.

For the sensor bar mod picture, are you sure it's real? It doesn't look like the sensor bar is connected to the battery and if its connected you should see lights on the ends of the sensor bar. The lights can only be seen with cameras or special sensors.

Evi1d33d said:
I don't see how I'm wrong.

:lol: MY bad, I thought you were saying in your previous post that the bar is what in actuality tells the Wii where you are pointing. But in reality, as you can see from that video, it isn't.

csayers666 said:
If my cat chews through my wires, i'll chew through her with a moving vehicle

XD...u r so funny dude...XD...i think ur cat would deserver death if she does that...

Back