Wii Serial Number on Receipt?

Tek720

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Hello, I am new here on WiiChat. So here is my first question:

EBGames didn't scan my serial number when I got my Wii at midnight on the 19th. Instead, they scanned the UPC for the serial number.

Has anybody here ever have to provide a sales receipt with a Nintendo serial number on it to get their warranty exchange / repair? Does it matter that my serial number wasn't registered at the point of sale? I registered it through the My Ninetdo site on 11/23, and I think thats when Nintendo started my warranty.

I guess in summary, I am worried about the future of my Wii console if it dies.

Last edited:
yea, i think it's when you register, because it says if you register you also get an extra 90 days for your warranty

this is a bit off topic guys buuuttt...

wii serial #'s are on the receipts right? well isnt it a bad idea that people post pics of these receipts on ebay? I mean couldnt someone take those serial numbers and say register them under their name without actually owning them for i dunno some kinda nintendo point boost er somethin? either way ebayers that seems like a bad idea to me. :eek:ut:

Is the serial number also on the console thou too. Because I have not opened mine yet and I don't remember exactly where the receipt is.

okay..

I KNOW that on my receipt (target) and ebgames and walmart they have the wii serial near the wii price printed on the receipt.

I KNOW the serial is on the console itself.

And I KNOW that it is also on the box.

"I KNOW" meaning those who have taken the time to look at these items, receipt box and console.

My question is still whether of not I am going to have warranty issues in the future because my sales receipt has a UPC listed as the SN instead of the serial number because of a foolish untrained EBGames employee.

Tek720... my advice...

Call nintendo support and ask them if you would ever need a receipt w/ serial. If you do... i've worked some retail... you should be able to get a copy of your receipt with the serial number, wether they get it via computer or they hand write you one it can be done.

Either way Tek720 you need to get proactive n get on the phone call nintendo figure it out. If u need the receipt you may need to get up on the ebgames manager and if he doesnt take u seriously get online find a coporate # and make a stink.. eventually you'll get what u need.

g'luck

LyricistSoldier said:
Tek720... my advice...

Call nintendo support and ask them if you would ever need a receipt w/ serial. If you do... i've worked some retail... you should be able to get a copy of your receipt with the serial number, wether they get it via computer or they hand write you one it can be done.

Either way Tek720 you need to get proactive n get on the phone call nintendo figure it out. If u need the receipt you may need to get up on the ebgames manager and if he doesnt take u seriously get online find a coporate # and make a stink.. eventually you'll get what u need.

g'luck

Nintendo says: My warranty expires 2/23/08 and that a sales slip does not matter to them. Called EB Games, the store manager said to write the serial number on my sales slip. So I guess I am ok.

Has anybody on this forum done a warranty exchange with Nintendo?

serious? not on the receipt? maybe its just a per store thing? I thought most stores entered each wii into their systems by serial not by a broad used upc. Like u dont put all your hp laptops on one upc, u do it by serial # so as to keep track of sales on each item since they are such large purchases that are in big demand. Its a safer system to recognize each wii as an individual through serial #. Can u tell I'm a retail worker? yea ill shadap now

OH WELL.. listen to me too closely n I may run u off a cliff

Back