Wii Shop 209576 Error

Hunter123

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2007
Italy
Wii Online Code
2944-3812-8896-7914
Hi, tonight i had this error from Wii Shop: 209576 (impossible to connect to server). Then, trying again, i had the same issue of "forever loading screen"...Anyone knows what's the matter?

I have downloaded the update, and the news channel works perfectly.

Hunter, I didn't get this error myself, but I noticed that I couldn't get into the shop yesterday either. I found the following about the error, but haven't been home yet to try it - Wii Error 209576. Let me know if this works! I think you can change the DNS settings in the Wii settings, but like I said, I haven't tried this yet.

Londonspod I tried to set manually the DNS settings in the Wii settings...but i had no luck...the 209576 error disappeared...but i obtained the famous "connection loading screen" without any further message...the only solution was turning off the console and start trying again.

Yeah, I wonder whether there's a problem with Nintendo's server. Does anyone else on here have trouble getting into the Wii Shop channel. Perhaps if we knew that we might be able to figure this out. At least you aren't getting the error code anymore. :)

Yes, i think it's a server problem...but i still can't connect to Wii Shop! I can connect to all other online services...it's strange!

Well, just to let you know, I tried connecting to the Wii Shop Channel this morning and it connected. If you're still having a problem, it might be your Wii. Must've been a server problem yesterday.

May be also my connection? i have a 56k modem...could be that the problem?

Hunter123 said:
May be also my connection? i have a 56k modem...could be that the problem?
i would think that you would need a better broadband connection for downloads and updates. maybe purchase a wireless router with your broadband connection. works for me.:thumbsup:

Thanks but...i can update the Wii also with 56k! The problem is the download time...but i can do it! And i can also use weather channel and news channel, send Mii and messages...Why only the shop channel have problem? it requires more bandwith? could be that?

Hunter123 said:
Thanks but...i can update the Wii also with 56k! The problem is the download time...but i can do it! And i can also use weather channel and news channel, send Mii and messages...Why only the shop channel have problem? it requires more bandwith? could be that?
you bring up a good point. that could be it. but are you still unable to connect to the shop channel? if yes then it could be.

Yes, i still can't connect to Wii Shop...i think it's mine connection problem..
Could you post me your Wii internet settings? I have set all automatic in the Wii settings...My Access Point IP is 192.168.0.1 Subnet 255.255.255.0 DNS Addresses are My ISP DNS Addresses...no value for gateway...It's all right?

Well I think I just got wii'd out of 1000points, I was downloading Mario Kart 64 and it was taking forever so I went to go have dinner. When I got back the Wii had an error screen up my points were depleted by 1000 :mad5: and it said that the game didn't download and also said something like you can't download a game without points, but I had 1200 to begin!?!?! The when I tried to get back in I got the connecting screen forever and had to unplug the damn thing.

I don't think that this is router/dns issues, I think this is a problem on Nintendo's end. I just hope I don't get screwed out of 1000 points.

2000bluer6 said:
I don't think that this is router/dns issues, I think this is a problem on Nintendo's end. I just hope I don't get screwed out of 1000 points.

Hi 2000bluer6,
thanks for the information, now i feel better, the problem is not my Wii...I ever thought that was a Nintendo server problem...i hope they fix Shop channel Software (They MUST introduce a message when it'snt possible to connect...the actual screen that is loading forever and ever with no response is very annoying) and make server more wide!

If useful, when i try to connect to Wii Shop, in my access point statistics i see many "frames received with CRC error"...also after i turn off the Wii!

Back