Wii Shop Channel- Can't Connect, but can elsewhere

tbakbrad

WiiChat Member
Dec 29, 2009
I've owned my Wii since Christmas. From that day, I have not been able to access the Wii Shop Channel. I have set it up to connect to my wireless router. I have connected to the Forecast Channel to see the weather maps, and have connected to the News Channel. However, when I go to the Wii Shop Channel, it goes to a blank screen and does NOTHING. I can't go back to the menu or anything. I have to hold the Power Button on the console for a few seconds to turn it off.

I've read through a few other forums where folks are telling people to check router settings, etc., and to be sure it's connected. Mine connects just fine as I can access the weather and the news channels, just not the shop channel.

Any ideas?

Does it say something along the lines of "wiiconnect 24 is not available"?

If so change your country to the one you live in or the UK by going into the wii settings and last page.

Last edited:
Does it say something along the lines of "wiiconnect 24 is not available"?

If so change your country to the one you live in or the UK by going into the wii settings and last page.

I just went in to do a System Update, and now the Shop Channel works. I guess that's all I had to do. Odd that I would have needed a system update, when I just bought it just to get the Shop Channel to work.....but whatever....it's working now.

lol kk, yeah I didn't suggest that, as that would have been what it would have suggested to you if required once going onto the shop channel.

Back