wii shop channel connects forever

I've had the same problem for the last week. I can use the internet channel, news and weather. The shopping channel takes forever, and sometimes hangs up my system to the point I have to hold the power button on the consle for several seconds to force a shut down. I have the latest software updates so that should not be the problem.

I ever had that problem. Also now. I hope Nintendo solve that problem soon.

Oh man that sux:prrr: I just downloaded a game yesterday (toejam & earl) it did'nt take long at all.I do hope everything works out for ya.:yesnod:

Wii Shopping won't connect

djones1w said:
I've had the same problem for the last week. I can use the internet channel, news and weather. The shopping channel takes forever, and sometimes hangs up my system to the point I have to hold the power button on the consle for several seconds to force a shut down. I have the latest software updates so that should not be the problem.

I have the exact same problem - I hope that someone from Nintendo reads this - it is a shame that this product has all these problems. The standard gameplay is fine, however I have had nothing but trouble with system updates, and have NEVER been able to connect to the shopping channel (which is one of the main reasons I bought the Wii - want to grab up some of those classic games).

It's pretty bad when Nintendo has customers who want to spend money but can't. I'm thinking of unloading this thing and cutting my losses on eBay and getting a 360.

pduncan said:
I have the exact same problem - I hope that someone from Nintendo reads this - it is a shame that this product has all these problems. The standard gameplay is fine, however I have had nothing but trouble with system updates, and have NEVER been able to connect to the shopping channel (which is one of the main reasons I bought the Wii - want to grab up some of those classic games).

It's pretty bad when Nintendo has customers who want to spend money but can't. I'm thinking of unloading this thing and cutting my losses on eBay and getting a 360.

I'm agree with you...I was never able to connect to WiiShop...Why Nintendo does nothing?

The reason why your connection is slow is because of your router. YOu should get a Lan adapter for your Wii if you have it wireless.

I hope someone with slow connection can test lan adapter and see if Wii Shop works with it...

Problem solved, at least in my case. After doing some more research online I read a comment (from Nintendo's site) about changing the channel on my router. I went from channel 6 to channel 11 and it works better than ever. I was able to down load bomber man and mario only went across the screen twice before the download was complete.

Thanks for the other suggestions! :cool:

Each router is probably slightly different but similiar. Login to your router, mine happens to be a netgear.... www.routerlogin.com and then type in your username / password. The bottom of your router might have a label telling you the actual address to use. If not, search for your particular router online. Once your in... go to your wireless settings and you should be able to designate a channel for it to use.

Good Luck

I've had these problems too, but then I realised since I am hijacking someone else's wireless connection in this neighbourhood, that would be why it freezes and is slow sometimes!:frown2: When I move at the end of the month I'm buying that USB wireless computer attachment thingy.

Back