Wii Shortage Thru Christmas

mariomania

WiiChat Member
Aug 5, 2007
Nintendo says there will be a shortage of the top selling Wii thru Christmas.

Better start looking now if you want one.

but they have like a whole 2 n a half months till xmas they should start working their asses off

daviduk200 said:
but they have like a whole 2 n a half months till xmas they should start working their asses off
I think that is the point, they already ARE working there asses off and barely keeping up with non-seasonal demand. lol

This isn't a surprise to me and was expected. :)

Everyone already knew this, the demand is so high that with every passing day towards with christmas, there will be less and less. i knew a person who bought 12 wiis for family members so just imigange how many they sell at Christmas I'm getting a DS for Christmas so I hope theres no shortage of them around Christmas

Of course you can pick one up on the Bay with no problem if you don't mind paying a premium.

It has nothing to do with their production.
They're not lacking on that at all. Its the demand, not the supply.

So many people are still looking for a Wii, even to this day its hard to find one sitting on the shelf.
Demand is even higher now, with the release of some really good games like Brawl and Galaxy.

Dark Wolf said:
As long as I can find a Wii on November, 18th I'll be happy. :)
Good luck with that. A week before Black Friday? Your chances now are about 50/50 depending on the location to find one now, a week before America's official start of the Christmas buying season would probably be about 10%.

I wish I could give more encouragement, however now is the best time to get one before 2008.

-EDIT-
CantGetAWii said:
It has nothing to do with their production.
They're not lacking on that at all. Its the demand, not the supply.
It has everything to do with there production, the demand continues to exceed the supply. :)

However regardless Nintendo is still composed of human beings, and while modern machine technology helps with speedy production there is still a maximum limit to how much any producer can produce within a practical production model. Nintendo's has been well beyond max since it's release, and all efforts to increase production have been met with even more demand.

Go Nintendo.

Last edited:
wiis dont just disappear. some one has to buy them, ts all about the timing. get to the store really early and you will get one.

excellent point thas excellent.

my mum bought my little bro a black DS lite the other day and it took only a day to arrive lol.

my point is thats for his xmas, my point again, start buying now.

its not fafir though i want his ds and he doesnt even know hes got it so i dint understand why i cant have it lol, i dont like my 2 year old phat DS anymore,

well at least i have a Wii

I saw this on Yahoo! News. If this was about 3 years ago I would be one of the people waiting to get on for Christmas and would have so dissappointed to not have one under the tree. Luckily I got mine in March and I no longer get XMas Presents, but hey its about giving.

man this means i will never, ever be able to buy a wii. I cant freaking afford one with finacial problems but if they cant even meet the damn demand then that means there wont be no wiis until........ *gulps* Spring.

The only way I was able to get my hands on a Wii a couple of weeks ago was because the local newspaper seems to have neglected to put the Toys R' Us ad in the Sunday edition... this the store had more than a dozen units and no one looking to buy them. The rest of the state... sold out. Scary, considering that Christmas is still more than two months away. That's how strong the demand is though... stores are going through dozens at a time, usually within hours of putting them on the shelf.

There is one positive side to all that though... being delayed in purchasing the system means that when one does finally get it, some of the best games yet to be seen on the Wii will be out (Smash Bros Brawl, MOH: Heroes II). :D

Last edited:
KrisKhaos said:
Good luck with that. A week before Black Friday? Your chances now are about 50/50 depending on the location to find one now, a week before America's official start of the Christmas buying season would probably be about 10%.

I wish I could give more encouragement, however now is the best time to get one before 2008.

Yes I understand. It's just that I can't get one until then. I'm not in the States currently. From 18 November until 3 December I have a vacation and I'll be at the stores EVERY DAY! Still yeah it's possible I might not find one. I stlll haven't seen a Wii for sale in a store. :(

KrisKhaos said:

-EDIT-

It has everything to do with there production, the demand continues to exceed the supply. :)

However regardless Nintendo is still composed of human beings, and while modern machine technology helps with speedy production there is still a maximum limit to how much any producer can produce within a practical production model. Nintendo's has been well beyond max since it's release, and all efforts to increase production have been met with even more demand.

Go Nintendo.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with production.
They still are producing at a steady rate, demand is really high right now with new games and Christmas looming. Its not their fault many people want a Wii right? You even said it yourself with your last line there.

Production is fine my friend, its the people's demand here that is causing this.
Supply maybe is a better term for you, the supply is not bad.
The demand is.

Back