Wii Shortages?? More Wiis??

abc123mozart

WiiChat Member
Sep 9, 2006
If Wii sells out on launch, do you think that Nintnedo would ship more for Christmas? Personally, I think it would be great for them to produce more becuase if/when Wii sells out, becuase there will be a great demand for it...What do you think?

NOW ITS NOT THAT THEY DONT WANT TO MAKE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE its that they cant...they probably got the factorys running 24/7...

i just called toys r us and they said they'd have more preorders in on Sunday. imma stop by and put in a preorder when they open and simply pick up the Wii when it releases :)

SGXX said:
i just called toys r us and they said they'd have more preorders in on Sunday. imma stop by and put in a preorder when they open and simply pick up the Wii when it releases :)

LOL GO EARLY IM GOIN TO TRY AND GET 2 PRE-ORDERS :aureola:

But if they sell out, do you think Nintendo can/will make more for Christmas?

abc123mozart said:

YOu didnt' get what Equis said, did you? They are making as many Wiis as they can, they will be making them non-stop. They reported that they will have like 4 million Wiis made by the end of this year and predict a demand of 20 million. They will be continuing to make them every day even after the launch to fill the demand. Why would they not make more? Why would they not want to make money? Of course they want money!

abc123mozart said:

nop if you dont get a wii now u goin to have to wait till nov 07:lol:

COLDshiver said:
YOu didnt' get what Equis said, did you? They are making as many Wiis as they can, they will be making them non-stop. They reported that they will have like 4 million Wiis made by the end of this year and predict a demand of 20 million. They will be continuing to make them every day even after the launch to fill the demand. Why would they not make more? Why would they not want to make money? Of course they want money!

Funnily enough, I have an EXCELLENT answer to that.

During the Xbox360's launch last year it was surmissed that Microsoft was incurring heavy losses in profit per machine by maintaining uptime at its facilities in order to keep the volume of consoles top heavy over demand. That move, which may have seemed prudent at the time (to avoid the usual "DELAYED" or "LAX CUSTOMER BASE" arguements ) - seemed to undermine the original plan which was to stabilise the interest-in and value-of the console itself.

Almost a year on and the Xbox360 is STILL overpriced and making invisible losses due to the poor launch management. Some argue that enduring the loss to create a customer base was Microsofts plan all along - I'd sooner believe that Microsoft were more worried about bad publicity.

Besides, Nintendo have inherited a VAST customer base plus a few others thanks to being retro-compatible with GC games and promising to develop games that made the west fall in love the first time around.

-G- said:
Funnily enough, I have an EXCELLENT answer to that.

During the Xbox360's launch last year it was surmissed that Microsoft was incurring heavy losses in profit per machine by maintaining uptime at its facilities in order to keep the volume of consoles top heavy over demand. That move, which may have seemed prudent at the time (to avoid the usual "DELAYED" or "LAX CUSTOMER BASE" arguements ) - seemed to undermine the original plan which was to stabilise the interest-in and value-of the console itself.

Almost a year on and the Xbox360 is STILL overpriced and making invisible losses due to the poor launch management. Some argue that enduring the loss to create a customer base was Microsofts plan all along - I'd sooner believe that Microsoft were more worried about bad publicity.

Besides, Nintendo have inherited a VAST customer base plus a few others thanks to being retro-compatible with GC games and promising to develop games that made the west fall in love the first time around.

Of the 3 next gen consoles (Wii, PS3, 360), the Wii will be the only console that will be making a profit on day 1 (launch date). Which is very very good for us, the consumer

COLDshiver said:
Of the 3 next gen consoles (Wii, PS3, 360), the Wii will be the only console that will be making a profit on day 1 (launch date). Which is very very good for us, the consumer

THAT ITS TRUE!

MICROSOFT GOT SOOOOOOOOO MUCH MONEY THEY BEEN LOSIN PROFIT FOR EVERY XBX AND NOW 360 AND THEY STILL STANDING...BASTARS!

Back