Wii should be classified as New-Gen

COLDshiver

Wii Owner
Sep 14, 2006
America
Wii Online Code
4532-8683-6668-7765
I've been hearing about the wii as part of next-gen consoles and I thought about it. The Wii should be considered New-Gen and should not be classified as next-gen with the 360 and ps3 (which are definitely next gen). Anyone else think the same?

I get your point but I dont think so because even though the unique control system is a huge part of what defines the wii ;
the similarities of the system and its "next gen" counterparts are all too close knit to give the wii a stand alone "new generation" quality .
Also i dont think it will be too long b4 sony + msoft follow suit on motion detection .

I think it mainly identifies that these are the current crop of consoles more than anything.

next generation = the generation that came after the previous generation.

It has nothing to do with system capabilities, regardless of what people would have you believe.

Skippy is right.

But in terms people are classing next gen as PS3 and 360 but the wii is just Wii.

Even on websites, like for EA's new fifa game.

Category's are play station 2, ds, psp, Wii, Next Generation.

It all depends on how you define "next-gen". Part of my definition is built in wireless conectivity, so if you go by my definition, the Wii and PS3 are next gen, while Xbox 360 would not be.

^ Dont double post...and they are all next-gen.... they all came out aroudn the same time after the last gen. And in three years or so when the next next gen comes out they will come out with something else to call them... and they will probably all be blu ray and all have motion sensing. Lets enjoy this gen for now though :wink:

No, I think it is fine to call the Wii Nex-Gen because technically, Nex-Gen refers to the most recent lineup of consoles, which the Wii is part of. It may not seem Nex-Gen to some people because it's graphics do not compare to those of the 360 and PS3. You have to stop and think that that's not what it's all about.

technically yes the wii is nex-gen not new-gen. second wii, ps3, and 360 wont be replaced till five years later because of a monopoly law in the video game market. consoles can not be released quickly right after another because Sega kept releasing too many console with out properly being space out in time. so thats why we wont see the nex-gen after this one till 2011-2015 cuz it all depends on the company.

I don't know why people keep bringing this up its pointless "Next-Gen" is defined as the newest set of consoles from several companies competing against each other end of story the Wii is "Next-Gen" until the next console from nintendo, sony, microsoft, or someone else is out.

MRCOOLGH said:
technically yes the wii is nex-gen not new-gen. second wii, ps3, and 360 wont be replaced till five years later because of a monopoly law in the video game market. consoles can not be released quickly right after another because Sega kept releasing too many console with out properly being space out in time. so thats why we wont see the nex-gen after this one till 2011-2015 cuz it all depends on the company.

I'm not saying this isn't true but I'm not quite sure I beleave that please provide me with a link to the law that you are quoting

http://findlaw.com/

Last edited:
el-zilcho said:
I get your point but I dont think so because even though the unique control system is a huge part of what defines the wii ;
the similarities of the system and its "next gen" counterparts are all too close knit to give the wii a stand alone "new generation" quality .
Also i dont think it will be too long b4 sony + msoft follow suit on motion detection .

yeah thats exactly what i thought. Then it would get better than motion sensors. maybe next would be controller-free and you just use your hands to play games :lol:

like you wave your hand to swing the sword or something. i dont know.

Back