Wii should get "surprised" tomorrow

Jay588

?
Sep 17, 2007
NYC
Wii should be "surprised" today!

I think it would be funny if nintendo rains on halo 3s big party tomorrow. the surprise would be a good reason to put down the 360 controller and pick up a wiimote, its not gonna stop serious halo fans but it would be cool to see the blue light on my wii shimmering when i get up. i am pretty tired of hearing about the surprise and its not coming, maybe the surprise is were not getting anything new :sick: what do you think? dont get me wrong, halo looks really good, ill have to play it with my brother tomorrow. whats your thoughts?

Last edited:
It would be a great idea if they revealed theeir 'surprise' to us and if they don't they haven't got that long left for the 'September' suprise to actually be a September Surprise.

yeah, i bet it will be until the last possible hour left of september, we'll get a surprise message to our wii saying that they really meant september 08 :lol: that would suck

Does anyone know if this elusive "surprise/update" is set for release at the same "date" in all regions cuz im sure that the check mii out channel was mentioned for release in japan last april and never landed , im gonna be real miffed if japan or US gets a flashy blue update of lovely surprises and UK has to wait for another ill defined unspecified date of ambiguousness !

not sure, but i think everybody will get the surprise/update within these last few days of september(I hope), since it was worded "surprise late september" but it was said by Reggie, Nintendo of America, so dont quote me on it

yeah i saw vid myself ....damn Reggie for being so vague in such an intriguing way ....i just hope we havn't all blown this "surprise" out of all proportion and really its just another variable of clock type . Still im hopefull it will be something noteworthy and in the next couple of days to counteract the halo 3 release .

lol yea were all waiting for something spectacular..could be something useless like controllers in various colors...

sayin that I could definately live with lots of useless things such as some menu display options , a volume control , "clock variables" .... hmmm actually that would be pretty crap but the ability to completely overhaul the menu display would be good oh and internet tabs would be usefull .

or a change of the theme "song" played when you start up the system, it gets annoying

lol imagine we got the surprise already and it was SSBB online play? That would suk so bad, but it all honesty i wouldnt put that past nintendo. considering wat they showed us at e3

nah it couldnt be the announcement of ssbb's online play, because then it wouldnt already have been confirmed by nintendo :p it would have been kept a secret. but i wouldnt mind a demo of ssbb !

I think not as Reggie referred to the surprise when quizzed on wiiconnect24 (i think) grrrrrrrrr i hate having to wait , i think we should get a "ask Reggie" feature for the wii (like ask jeeves) where u have a mii of him on your menu and it acts as a direct link to nintendo enabling us to badger them for information constantly !!

^that would be... awesome. I doubt it though. But still, it would be awesome.

Spyro said:
MP3 multiplayer patch ftw.
in the same interview as reggie mentions the "september surprise" the reporter asked him about multiplayer for mp3 and he said its really just a single player game, but it really would be the best update!

Back