Wii Sideeffects?

Iranian Wii

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
In order to get a Wii on sunday... Im going to have to convince my mom. She wants pros and cons of the Wii, and not facts like it has Zelda or it has no HD support, she wants to know stuff like how much of my time it'll waste and stuff (con)

thanks guys

Iranian Wii said:
In order to get a Wii on sunday... Im going to have to convince my mom. She wants pros and cons of the Wii, and not facts like it has Zelda or it has no HD support, she wants to know stuff like how much of my time it'll waste and stuff (con)

thanks guys

If you have any skill in the art of pursuation... you will have her won over in no time. I can give you a few pointers: Always always play down the cons. Come to a compromise that you won't waste too much time on the Wii. Say you'll do all your homework before playing. Put it this way, if she is willing to hear some pros and cons... you pretty much have it in the bag already. Just play it smart and you'll have a Wii soon.

just show her some clips of the Wii commercials, you know families playing together having a good time.

Pros
- Amazing fun for whole family.
- Photo Channel (If she is in to editing photos say it is one of the better ways to edit)
- News will help you pay attention to the world around you.
- Weather channel will to the same ^
-Internet can help you study and do research from the couch.
-Least expensive console.

Cons
- Wii remote can fly into TV lol (tell her you'll be careful and that it only happens when you are not wearing the wrist strap correctly...)
- Addicting (Tell her that you will do your HW first like ABC said.

is the Wiis internet like computer speed or like the PSP? the PSP was slow

We need some background info.

Like, did she play video games when she was younger? If so, color her sold. Tell her that the classics like Mario will be available to play. I'll give you an example.

Both of my parents were from the Atari generation. I still remember them sitting in front of the TV playing Kaboom and Missile Command. I also remember having to kick my Dad out of the bedroom so i could go to bed when I got the first Zelda.

It all depends. Like someone said before...downplay the Cons and BEG! Bribe her if you have to. "Yes mom, i'll paint the house, Yes, mom, i'll scoop the cat litterbox for a year..."

Iranian Wii said:
is the Wiis internet like computer speed or like the PSP? the PSP was slow
The PSP's control scheme was so frustrating, I gave up on it. I'd say it's in the middle in the two judging from just the loading on the Shopping Channel. Not great speed, but completely bearable... unlike the PSP. :D

ABC said:
If you have any skill in the art of pursuation... you will have her won over in no time. I can give you a few pointers: Always always play down the cons. Come to a compromise that you won't waste too much time on the Wii. Say you'll do all your homework before playing. Put it this way, if she is willing to hear some pros and cons... you pretty much have it in the bag already. Just play it smart and you'll have a Wii soon.

Yeah go with this one, its pretty much direct and easy to follow. Stay and school and dont do drugs

ecko MAN said:
COMON !! whats the point of this post ?? just use comon sense

i agree with this guy.

you people are making so many dumb threads... "oh what games should i play on my honey moon?"

and i'm dumb enough to reply, but yeah you get my point

Back