wii slot in driver problem

No scratches here either, even under extremely bright light..(Just for the record)

Edit: Ive even moved my Wii with the disc in... on more than one occasion.

Also i know video ezy offer a starch removal service for i think its a few $$ a disk its meant to remove starch's and dents from disk, although ive never tried this so im not sure how well it works but as long as the starches are minor there wont be problems.

No Smoking said:
Also i know video ezy offer a starch removal service for i think its a few $$ a disk its meant to remove starch's and dents from disk, although ive never tried this so im not sure how well it works but as long as the starches are minor there wont be problems.

I have had my Full Auto game professionally resurfaced (scratch removal) by a local game store (Game Quest). Cost me like $12, it was like brand new after that but $12 is kinda steep. I definitely wouldn't want to have to do that more then once if ever. And most of those scratch removal machines they sell in stores are garbage and they can actually leave their own scratches. The machine that Game Quest uses cost a couple grand.

As for the scratches being minor, you'd have to ask yourself how many times have you put the disc in and out of your Wii, and in the future over the life of the game are those scratches gonna pile up and make the disc unreadable? If so I'd find out whats causing the scratches, even if it means Nintendo replaces your Wii.

The scratches are probably caused by when he takes it out of the case and rubs the disk along the edges or it could have even come like that when the games are being made or in transport, there are alot of reasons i dont think you should just assume its the wiis fault as ive said before as long as the scratches stay minor and there arent alot of them there isnt much to worry about

nintendo told me that those lateral and straight scratches are normal for slot in drivers :( the black thing is made in carbonium fiber but little pieces of powder can just be on the disk.. and that is the cause of scratches..

however I belive that a lot of soft (very soft not visible in normal light)scratches do not cause harm.. A single deep scratch even very short however can cause the disk to not being readable.. so it's not a quantitative problem

I read something awhile back where it stated that scratches dont do damage as long as they dont penetrate the outer protective layer. So what you said is true the scratch has to be deep to do damage, so its not the size that counts but rather the depth.

it's not exactly like that: deep scratch can cause the laser to not reach the data layer for irregular reflection.. so If a single file is corrupted that way (deep scratch in the rotating sense of the disk that cover an entire data block) the disk can't work.. however fine scratches reduce only the reflectivity and laser can increase power to read properly the data..

Late reply but maybe your just touching the sides of the Wii putting it in. The Foam on the sides of the slot are there to put your disc in safe and clean the disc while going in. maybe when the game is in your Case it's moving slighty. Don;t worry about it until it effects your gaming

I don't think it's the case since the scratches are very straight.. probably it's just some grain of dust that is on the foam.. if you think about it.. the foam retains the dust on the disk.. this way it preserv the system from dust.. but the dust grain can demage even very softly the disk.. it's normal I belive

You may have to change your Wii. I wouldnt trust it. My WiiSports is scratched because of that cheap ass paper case and Zelda is clean.

This may be off the topic. Every time I put in a new Playstation game and play it for a while, it gets these smudges like the material is eroding. the GCN and wii are clean as a whistle.

I can see some sort of smudges on the wii disks too on the outer zone, but that may be some industrial remanent, like for ps2 games (I live in europe so games may be produced in different way).. these are not scratches because the more I use the game the less I see those traces..

The scratches I'm talking about can't be seen in normal light.. the only way to find them is to use a strong light at a distance of 20 cm from the disk.. this way (looking very carefully and turning around the disk under the light) I can see those scratches.. under normal light no scratch can be seen :D

Back