Wii Sports bowling EXPOSED!

Bato Vukovic said:
For each Wii Sports game you choose if you are right handed or left handed.

In the real world, if you bowl with your right hand, you can NOT! spin the bowling ball towards the left, you would break your wrist....

Think about it????

bye.

Exactly! This is not the Wii making sure that you get a spare, that would be completely rediculous, and your right, it would give the wii a bad name. This is simply because of whether your Mii is left or right handed. If its right handed EVERY SINGLE SHOT fades slightly to the right, and vice-versa. Simply becuase, as Bato already stated, it is nearly impossible to put opposite spin on the ball. So, instead of your statement of being imprecise, you can now realize that the wii is more precise than you ever imagined.

Here is your answer

HERE IS YOUR ANSWER

It has nothing to do with the wii remote. The problem is the way you are bowling. Twisting the controller is not neccecary, the biggest factor is the direction you natrually lean toward, as the controller natrually detects this.

forget twisting the controller, curve your whole bowl in the direction you want.

people are being rather defensive about this. Please try to be a little objective here. I know you love your wii, as do I, but, as PersianCowboy says, Wii sports should be more realistic than this.

I'm not asking people if this is what happens, it IS what happens, so please stop trying to convince me that it's the fault of my wii remote or my technique -- it is not. I was hoping for a mature discussion about the wii, and how this sort of thing is what wii bashers use against the system. Do people think this is a limitation of the controller, or nintendo making sure wii sports is as pickup and play as possible?

for me personally, this discovery has lost some of the magic from the system. It's like when you play a split screen racing game, only you mistakenly look at your opponent's screen instead of yours. But you don't realise straight away that you are not controlling the car, because your opponent presses the same buttons you do at the same time. This is a similar scenario, wii sports is controlling things you think you're controlling yourself, but you don't notice it because that is what you were trying to do anyway.

Last edited:
ThenDis, I don't know if it's the same as what you're describing here... I'm slightly very very drunk you see, but I'll try.

--------

I'm naturally right handed, and I bowl with my right hand and final motion when wiibowling is to bring my arm up and slightly to the left and the wiimote slighly inward to the left, then let go of B click.

The ball goes to the right at the pins.

So, I experiment with my other hand, but leaving the settings as for right handed player. Does the ball do anything different? No! the ball hits the pins at exactly the same spot (unless I piss around with the direction and stuff).

:mad5:

annoys me a bit if I'm on last pin for a split. but, hey ho!

thendis said:
I've always been a big fan on Wii Sports bowling, but tonight I happened to stumble upon something that frankly makes me mad.

So here's a scenario. you have to pick up a spare; there is 1 pin left, at the far right. You shift your player to the centre of the lane, then you bowl the bowl, making sure to skillfully twist your hand a little to the right to spin the ball and get that last pin.

Well unfortunately, I've come to realise skill has little to do with it.

Try this at home:
Get into the same position as described above, with 1 pin at the far right (or left). Now, bowl your ball but instead of twisting your wrist to the right in order to spin in towards the pin, twist your wrist to the left, in an attempt to make a gutterball at the opposite end of the track.

IT DOESN"T WORK! The ball still spins to the right, towards the pin!

Therefore, either twisting your wrist does absolutely nothing, or Wii sports helps you ensure your shot is always on -- or near -- target.

If we're to believe the Wii controller is everything it's supposed to be, this sort of thing should not be necessary.

I'm not trolling, I've been a big fan of the wii and still believe it has great potential, but this sort of thing is what is going to give it a bad name.

your a complete utter utter utter smeg head :eek:ut:

i and my kids play bowling heaps and the ball goes where you spin it
everything you have said is total rubbish
play the practice where you have to hook it around the obstacles, if the ball didnt spin where you wanted it to spin you wouldnt get very far

its the way you are bowling, the wiimote is detecting twist that you are not mentally able to co-agulate symetricly :prrr:

theres more than just twist at play here
there is force/speed and style all of which will determine how and when the ball spins :eek:ut:

agreed, nice rant there but got to the point :p :D i just find it hard to spin, never seems to work for me, no matter how i bowl it always gos left unless i go all the way to the left then angle right then it spins right same as my gf, but my friend always bowls straight as so i guess its our tecnique, we can tweak it a bit with speed and stuff but twisting seems to do nothing... meh i guess its just us, i can bowl a 229 game almost everytime anyway so im not bothered. and remember people this is basically a D-E-M-O. it's not meant to be perfect theres alot of errors but it was free. wait till full on sports games come out (prays for mario bowling) then u will see what it really can do

Yea, I agree.! I know it's how I bugger with the wiimote. But, it still annoys me!

I only (last night) realised that you have to hold the wiimote practically vertical to be able to knock the ball. since getting the Wii on the 3rd jan, I've been telling my gf that she has to move the wiimote past her knees for the wii to register the movement..! :lol:

I still can't stop laughing at this!

yeh i noticed this like the first day i got my wii. but i became a prO so quick so i couldnt really care.

*sigh* honestly, would people stop posting defensive reactions to someone who dares to suggest something nintendo has done in 1 of their games is not perfect.

either you're not understanding what I'm saying or you're in deep denial. If you stand to the far left of the lane, then twist your wrist to the left, you will NOT get a gutterball on the left side. The ball with either spin to the right, or go straight.

I'm not saying the whole game is fixed, I still enjoy Wii bowling, I'm just saying I wish you had more control.

Nic Car Bel said:
yeh i noticed this like the first day i got my wii. but i became a prO so quick so i couldnt really care.

Thank you! finally someone with an open mind. you've made my day Nic Car Bel! :D

Last edited:
wiifreak9292 said:
i'm right handed and my ball spins to the left.

Yeah, same with me. No matter what hand I use, if I twist the controller or not, it ALWAYS spins left...

And in training, I can't hit the little bonus thing because my ball goes onto the mini wall, then just falls off to the left... Makin' me rage! >:[

you dont listen. the answer is right there.

you know what the problem with people here is? they dont listen

i can bowl both ways while mine is set to right handed, and no matter what pin im trying to hit.

if you couldnt do this, then the level of bowling in training where you have to bowl past barriers would be almost impossible.

No offence guys but most people here seem to be idiots who dont listen to eachother and are too arrogant to listen to anyone who says somthing that differs from your idea.

Mine goes the opposite side to the players set up. but, I'm not sure if that's cos of my technique, or the game... I think it's just me tho.

----

Idiots? No, not me, I'm just being defensive...!:ihih:

no, honestly, I couldn't give a rats' *rse about it anymore... i can hit pins. Just made me think about it, 's all

Last edited:
Back