wii sports boxing

bheard21

WiiChat Member
May 11, 2007
i think it sux,it almost never registers your punches,it throws punches that u didnt even throw,all of the ai's punches are thrown smoothly and without any trouble,i dont kno,i juss think it sux,if would be great if somehow the fixed how the punches register but until then its worthless

You should probably know that the punches aren't meant to be registered directly with your actions. For example, a hook punch is done be tilting the wiimote towards your other hand, so that the IR sensor is at roughly a 45 degree angle. Also punches are done by flicking the wiimote forward, not actually punching outwards.

well who's smart idea was that"here lets play boxing but to add more realistic game play lets make it so to punch you flick the wiimote insted of really punching thet will make it a spot on game play experiance" "well said brother"

packman said:
well who's smart idea was that"here lets play boxing but to add more realistic game play lets make it so to punch you flick the wiimote insted of really punching thet will make it a spot on game play experiance" "well said brother"

probably because the accelerometer acts more like a switch than anything else, and it would take a very fast computer to be able to derive the position and velocity of the wiimote based only on the instantaneous acceleration as a function of time. not to mention that it does not know its position relative to the tv when it is not being pointed at the sensor bar.

Remember this was just the launch game and it was free anyway. The whole point of the boxing game was to get people used to the wii and the control system. Oh yea it explains how to play the mini game when u choose it in the first place. So "bheard" i think it's time for you to listen.:yesnod:

packman said:

The same jerkoffs that decided to make it so when you punch your opponent in the face, it makes a cartoony "POW!" sound instead of actual blood from Nintendo employees spraying out of the Wii. You think you got it bad, you should've seen my face when I first played and had been knocked out without sustaining any significant injuries, let alone a loss of consciousness, in real life.

i think the boxing is fun. flickering it is easier its better than hurting ur arm after playing for a long time.

i still didnt beat the champion yet.

Hahaha, so much ignorance in this thread.

First the biggie, boxing does not use IR at all.

Second, these accelerometers are very high-tech pieces.....ahem.

GAhh...you just suck at the game. Read a tutorial on boxing, and get good at it.

Brawny said:
Hahaha, so much ignorance in this thread.

First the biggie, boxing does not use IR at all.

Second, these accelerometers are very high-tech pieces.....ahem.

GAhh...you just suck at the game. Read a tutorial on boxing, and get good at it.
dude BRAWNY you got an attitude. just post and dont worry about who is good or bad in games.:eek:ut:

I absolutely love Wii boxing. You just need to learn it... It doesn't exactly mirror your actions, no. But it does perform a lot of varied moves and you need to learn to time yourself with it. Once you can do that you'll learn to actually play and appreciate the game.

Possibly my favourite Wii sports game, bring on a fully fledged boxing title!

LMAO... having a nicey nice attitude does you nothing.

Learn your stuff, just like I had to do.

And this happens a lot. I don't want to see a game get murdered, just because you don't give it the time of day.

ZiG said:
probably because the accelerometer acts more like a switch than anything else, and it would take a very fast computer to be able to derive the position and velocity of the wiimote based only on the instantaneous acceleration as a function of time. not to mention that it does not know its position relative to the tv when it is not being pointed at the sensor bar.

:shocked: :wtf: Ummm... In English please Zig:wtf: :shocked:

just cuz i sed the game sux doesnt mean i suk at it lol,i beat matt and got the silver gloves and all that,i just think that its stupid that the best way to make the punches register is by flicking your wrist.it makes it really unrealistic and if they wanted to make a boxing game then they should make it work when u actually punch instead of flicking your wrist,why have a boxing game and not be able to actually punch,it defeats the purpose of the wii mote making gaming more realistic and easy for casual gamers,i bet a casual gamer would be more successful using a controller then trying to knock out matt with a wii mote,if they couldnt make it work consistently then they should have added another sport to wii sports that actually works.tennis,golf,bowling,and baseball are all great but boxing had me disappointed.

Back