Wii Sports Guide: Secrets & Tips

iplaywii

Nintendo Wii
Dec 7, 2006
Bowling
> If you position yourself far enough to the left and aim towards the opponents lane, you can knock down their pins. If you hit any of their pins it counts toward your score!

> The bowling ball seems to go much straighter if you release it high in the air.

> Change bowling ball color: As The screen is fading to black for bowling, hold down the control pad until it fades to bowling for these colors:

Code Effect
Control Pad Up Blue Ball
Control Pad Right Gold Ball
Control Pad Down Green Ball
Control Pad Left Red Ball

> Scare the crowds while bowling: Start the regular motion for bowling and let go on the back swing. The ball will fly backwards and the crowd will scream and jump.

> Get a Strike on the 91 Pin lane: In training mode you can get a strike on the 91 pin lane by rolling the ball along either the left or right rail all the way to the end. This will trigger an explosion and all the pins will fall down adding 182 (91 * 2) to your score.

Boxing
Here is a list of control motions for Wii Boxing (from GameSpot Forums posting):

> High Guard: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck vertically, then tilt both controllers inward toward your body to cover face.

> Mid Guard: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck parallel to ground, then tilt both controllers inward if still not covering center of body.

> Left Dodge: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck vertically, then tilt both controllers to your left.

> Right Dodge: Hold Wiimote and Nunchuck vertically, then tilt both controllers to your right.

> Right High Jab: Hold Wiimote vertically, with controls facing yourself, and jerk it forward with the wrist. Helps to keep arm stationary, and just let the Wiimote fall forward.

> Right Mid Jab: Hold Wiimote parallel to ground, and jerk downward. Again, keep arm stationary and just push Wiimote downward with wrist.

> Right High Hook: Hold Wiimote vertically, with controls facing yourself, and rotate it quickly to the left, as in this (please forgive my ASCII art):

BEFORE:
____
| D |
| A |
| 1 |
| 2 |

AFTER:

> Right Uppercut: Hold Wiimote parallel to ground, and then jerk upward. It's the exact opposite movement from the Right Mid Jab.

> Right Low Hook: Hold Wiimote parallel to ground, but turn it 90 degrees COUNTER-CLOCKWISE so that the face of the Wiimote is looking out to your left, then jerk it in the direction of the face of the controller. It's exactly like the right uppercut, except the entire motion is rotated to the left 90 degrees.

> Left High Jab: Hold Nunchuck up vertically so that the analog stick is facing you, and then jerk it forward. Just like Right High Jab.

> Left Mid Jab: Hold Nunchuck parallel to ground, and jerk it downward. Just like the Right Mid Jab.

> Left Uppercut: Hold Nunchuck parallel to ground, and jerk it upward. Just like Right Uppercut

> Left Hook: Hold Nunchuck parallel to ground, but turn it 90 degrees CLOCKWISE so that the face of the controller is looking out to your right, then jerk it in direction of the face of controller. Basically just like the Right Mid Hook.

> Turn your Boxing Gloves Silver: After you've beaten the Grand Champion, Matt, in a boxing match you'll be able to wear silver boxing gloves. To do so, hold (1) when the screen becomes black before a boxing match.

Golf

> Put better: Press (1) on the controller to see the break of the green and use this to line up your putt. You can also press (2) to get a lower, closer view of the green.

> Play Golf without maps or meters: To disable the power meter, map, and the wind speed indicator, press and hold (2), then make a selection at the "Select a Course" screen.

Baseball

> Pitch Underhand: While pitching, press 2 before throwing. To return to normal pitching press 1

Tennis

> Change the tennis court: To change the tennis court to the blue practice court, press and hold (2) at the warning screen that shows after selecting characters.

> Play Ping-Pong Tennis: You can place yourself on both sides of the net in a single player game and play against yourself, which is quite challenging. In addition, if you're really masochistic, you can do a 4 player doubles with only you involved.

How many guys do you have to fight, to get to Grand Champion, Matt?
I just got to PRO and have a hard time...

for the life of me, I can't get the court to change to blue, I know its not a big deal, but I've tried everything... am I missing something?

I got the stupid blue court.... I was holding the 2 button when selecting a match and not when I hit ok on the Mii's selected... but the court only lasts one time, then goes back to green, unless you quit and go back that is.

In boxing it seems like the best punches by far are jabs. I can uppercut just fine, but against higher level opponents (700 or so) any time I think about adding hooks or uppercuts to my repetoire, I just get pwned.

no ****. Im hovering around 690 right now in Boxing and im having a ridiculously hard time.

Im gonna need to work on my shiet

In Wii Sports Golf - When you are close to the hole, if you have the back of remote facing the TV, it gives you much control by giving less power (short distance) shots.

thanks a lot man, i was really getting pissed off w/ the sports and now I may enjoy it a little better again...

gibsonrocker800 said:
does anyone know how to do that really fast serve in Tennis. ive done it like twice but idk how to do it.

It's a timing thing, from what I can tell. Personally, I hit A to do the tossup, and swing forward almost immediately. It's right around when the ball is peaking in the air.

Back