Wii sports online

ajbart

WiiChat Member
Mar 27, 2008
Hi guys ,
First time post here so forgive the probably silly question, Can you play wii sports online if you have a friends code?
Many thanks
Alan

No. Whether they develop anything in the future or not, i'm unsure. It would be very nice tho, especially since i've got little competition these days in the world of wii sports baseball

Let me guess. You just recently got a Wii. I hope I don't sound rude but go out and find some other games. There's plenty of other games online. Wii Sports wasn't meant to be some super expansive game. It's just for you to get used to the Wii's controls.

Wii

Hi guys,
Yes Clark i recently got the wii and the kids love it Personally i am an XBOX 360 fanatic but my kids are all playing the wii and wanted to play their school mates online.
How disapointed i/we are going to be when they find out the very games they thought would the way forward in gaming is a fraud.
Alan

ajbart said:
Hi guys,
Yes Clark i recently got the wii and the kids love it Personally i am an XBOX 360 fanatic but my kids are all playing the wii and wanted to play their school mates online.
How disapointed i/we are going to be when they find out the very games they thought would the way forward in gaming is a fraud.
Alan

rofl

ajbart said:
How is it a "fraud"? Wii Sports was never advertised as an online game.

It's a technology demo thrown in with the Wii for free. Sort of like Duck Hunt on the original NES. If you want a sports game with online play, they exist. They just weren't included for free with the Wii.

The Wii is Nintendo's first venture into an online-capable home game console. They built in the ability but it's taken them a while to figure out how to make use of it. They're still learning, as their lack of network capacity for SSBB demonstrated. Mario Kart Wii will also be an interesting test.

Back